Cheap 7 inch 1080p field monitors

Stab

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 23-2-2017 at 6:14 PM, Emanuel said:

Ok, I bit the bullet and went for this one:

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Seetec-F7-7-Inch-Utra-Slim-IPS-Full-HD-1920x1200-4K-HDMI-On-camera-Video-Field/32776738097.html

After checking out the Feelworld FW-760, I discovered that there is a 'new' monitor from Feelworld, the F7. It has the exact same specs and I expect the exact same panel, just a more modern housing. Then I realised that Feelworld is a sub-brand of Seetec, which is the brand my current monitor is from.

Googeling further, I found out that the F7 monitor is availble with both Feelworld and Seetec branding. Same difference.
Went with the Seetec because it was a tad cheaper to send to my country. 

It should arrive in like 2 weeks so I will let you know once I've messed around with it. I expect it to be similar to the FW-760, just with a more modern look. Someone also said on YouTube that this F7 is the same monitor as the Cinemartin Loyal LT and just a rebrand. Probably true but that's not confirmed.

Thanks for the help everyone. Happy shooting.

Waveform monitor for $218. Cheapest one I've seen so far. Haven't used it myself, though.

Bestview S7 7 Inch HDMI Camera Field Monitor with 2200mAh Battery and Carry Case

- 10bit IPS Screen 1920X1200 Supports 4096X2160P@24Hz 4K Signal

Features Histogram/Waveform/Internal Color Bar/Zebra

https://www.amazon.com/Bestview-Camera-Monitor-2200mAh-Battery/dp/B01NAMWXHN/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1489662621&sr=8-6&keywords=waveform+monitor

When I had the vs2 finehd the colors were poor, it had over contrast that was hard to dial down (crushed blacks and no highlight detail with d750) and the screen seemed over pixely and difficult to focus with (could just be 1080 output from can). Not to mention the long long boot time. 

I even preferred using the bottom barrel fw759 I had "upgraded" from instead.  

Let us know how that f7 works out.  The older versions didn't have very good brightness or contrast but for the price how to complain...

20 minutes ago, scotchtape said:

When I had the vs2 finehd the colors were poor, it had over contrast that was hard to dial down (crushed blacks and no highlight detail with d750) and the screen seemed over pixely and difficult to focus with (could just be 1080 output from can). Not to mention the long long boot time. 

I even preferred using the bottom barrel fw759 I had "upgraded" from instead.  

Let us know how that f7 works out.  The older versions didn't have very good brightness or contrast but for the price how to complain...

Just this weekend I've seen the VS2 in action. My 2nd shooter was using one. At first it looked good to me, but then we realised the colors are soooo off. The colors were completely differrent than what we saw on the GH4's own display. Dealbreaker.

People are saying the colors of te FW760 are pretty good. So I expect it to be similar or the same as the F7. Will post my findings here later.

That BestView monitor looks good as well SR. It even claims to be a 10-bit panel. I wonder how much difference that would make in real life, but the specs are great. Looks a bit 'dated' design-wise though. Just like the FW-760. The F7 looks a lot better if that's important to anyone.

I have the Aputure FineHD VS-2 and I don't like it at all. Mainly because its hard to focus. I also have an older DP6 which is much  better in colour and focus. Anyway I still would like to get a 7". Anyone used the Cinemartin Loyal LT 7? - good reviews. I would love a SmallHD 702 bright but at this stage cost is a factor.

The main difference in specs between the Cinemartin and the FineVS-2 is that the Cinemartin is 1080 resolution and 200 nits brighter.- the VS-2 1920 x 1200. But then going by specs they should both be better that the DP6 but... must be other factors at play.

12 hours ago, Stab said:

Ok, I bit the bullet and went for this one:

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Seetec-F7-7-Inch-Utra-Slim-IPS-Full-HD-1920x1200-4K-HDMI-On-camera-Video-Field/32776738097.html

After checking out the Feelworld FW-760, I discovered that there is a 'new' monitor from Feelworld, the F7. It has the exact same specs and I expect the exact same panel, just a more modern housing. Then I realised that Feelworld is a sub-brand of Seetec, which is the brand my current monitor is from.

Googeling further, I found out that the F7 monitor is availble with both Feelworld and Seetec branding. Same difference.
Went with the Seetec because it was a tad cheaper to send to my country. 

It should arrive in like 2 weeks so I will let you know once I've messed around with it. I expect it to be similar to the FW-760, just with a more modern look. Someone also said on YouTube that this F7 is the same monitor as the Cinemartin Loyal LT and just a rebrand. Probably true but that's not confirmed.

Thanks for the help everyone. Happy shooting.

The only difference is the pass through hdmi for the F7. 

8 hours ago, jonpais said:

I went ahead and ordered the FeelWorld F7 myself. Tired of squinting at 3" LCD monitors.

This is where I got my batteries from. It did take a couple of months to arrive I think. However, I note that they now say they don't ship to NZ. Two many batteries in one package I would think. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4Pcs-7200mAh-NP-F970-NP-F970-NP-F960-NP-F950-Camera-Battery-Rapid-LCD-Dual-Charger/32767179163.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.xpu9wx

19 minutes ago, Orangenz said:

This is where I got my batteries from. It did take a couple of months to arrive I think. However, I note that they now say they don't ship to NZ. Two many batteries in one package I would think. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4Pcs-7200mAh-NP-F970-NP-F970-NP-F960-NP-F950-Camera-Battery-Rapid-LCD-Dual-Charger/32767179163.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.xpu9wx

Thanks, you just reminded me that I'll need batteries for this thing! 

The shop I ordered the Feelworld F7 from says they are out of stock, so I was about to get the FW-760 instead, but the manual says nothing about 4K HDMI support, so I didn't get it. In addition to not having HDMI pass, the ports are on the side rather than on the bottom, which would have made it easier to use.

1 hour ago, jonpais said:

The shop I ordered the Feelworld F7 from says they are out of stock, so I was about to get the FW-760 instead, but the manual says nothing about 4K HDMI support, so I didn't get it. In addition to not having HDMI pass, the ports are on the side rather than on the bottom, which would have made it easier to use.

They are the same monitor, just different port location and that pass through. Everything else same. Both have 4k support. This confirmed to me from feelworld before I bought the 760 which I prefered because of the side ports. 

Sent: 16 January 2017 16:07
To: orange
Subject: Re:Fw:Monitors

Hi Sir,

Thank you for your email. This is wade from Feelworld Technology Co., Ltd.

FW760 with HDMI input.

F7 with HDMI input and output. 

Both of them can be use for GH4.

Best regards,

Wade

3 hours ago, Orangenz said:

They are the same monitor, just different port location and that pass through. Everything else same. Both have 4k support. This confirmed to me from feelworld before I bought the 760 which I prefered because of the side ports. 

They say it can be used with the GH4, but that means it will accept 1080p, not 4K. In the menus of the G85, you can set it to Auto, and it will automatically switch to 1080p or 4K. Is there any difference if I get a monitor that only accepts 1080p while I'm recording 4K?

27 minutes ago, Stab said:

Or just search for the Seetec F7. Exactly the same monitor! Maybe it's even slightly better because Seetec is the main brand name :)

Thanks, Stab, but I'm not finding Seetec here in Vietnam. This really is a third world country when it comes to finding camera gear beyond the consumer level. Monitors are in scarce supply. Same goes for LED video lighting.

3 hours ago, jonpais said:

Dicen que puede ser utilizado con el GH4, pero eso significa que aceptará 1080p, no 4K. En los menús del G85, se puede establecer en Auto, y se cambiará automáticamente a 1080p o 4K. ¿Hay alguna diferencia si consigo un monitor que sólo acepta 1080p, mientras estoy grabando 4K?

I think I have read that G80 performs an additional cropping if the HDMI output is set to 1080p

4k makes a big difference if you are focusing.  I would say most cameras 1080p outout to monitors are unusable for focusing.  Think of the mushy 1080p from 95% of cameras - that is what you will see.  

But when you use 4k signal it is so much clearer! Almost useable with 7 inch monitor with full HD resolution but for critical focus still need to zoom in. 

When I plugged a6500 into my monitor for the first time I was wondering how my monitor got so much better!!!