Just Bought a Singer 16D for Nikon D7100 + 85mm AIS F2

JBraddock

Hi everyone,

I am sure this will probably be perceived as a weird post as one's simple purchase of an item can hardly be considered worthy enough to deserve its own topic. However, it's been a rather interesting month for me as I got bored of spending hours looking for cameras and lenses and by sharing my experience I wanted to get advice and critique from you. I didn't want to spend any more time as for God's sake, I have a PhD to finish and for me just like any of you time is money :)

I bought D7100 from B&H and 85mm AIS F2 ($350) in EX+ condition from Keh.com. A friend of mine will be in the USA next month so he will bring them for me. I've been looking at anamorphic lenses and God knows I wanted to buy Kowa 8Z but I don't even have a solid tripod and videography is just a hobby for me and I didn't want to turn it into more expensive one than it already is, considering other items that I will need to add to my gear list.

So i took the plunge and bought a "like new" Singer 16D, which as far as I know is the same with Sankor 16D, for £200 including shipping from the USA but excluding the tax that I will also have to pay. Not sure if it is a bargain or not but in any case I really hope I won't regret it. Because I doubt that I can spend more anytime soon. Had I owned a solid DSLR rig I might have considered one of those "gold brick" anamorphic lenses; however, I know for sure that I will travel abroad during the summer and I wanted to have something as portable as possible.

Anyway, there it is my rather unusual or perhaps unwise spending within a month. Any advice for the future or critique is welcome.

Cheers,

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs