Ursa Mini Pro - BM will sell 20,000 of these

Ed_David

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, Ed_David said:

Actually I am selling my F65 as well.  I'm putting the money into my wife's film I'm shooting.

Yes, it's not universal what one person would like vs another person.  Rent a bunch, do a test, and get the one that you like the most, and you find the most valuable for your needs.

Shooting your wife's film on the Ursa mini or ?

At the moment looks like a lot of production studios at least around where I live are offloading their Ursa Mini 4,6K:s to get the Pro versions - which makes it actually not a bad buy, because you can get a tested, little-used one with warranty for a very discounted price. I ended up picking up one with the V-lock adapter and a handheld kit at a very reasonable rate.

4 hours ago, Ed_David said:

Yup on ursa mini for some scenes.  And Red for I think at this point the long haul of it.  

Look forward to seeing whatever you two concoct. Although now you have me wondering. Old school Red or maybe that stuff that makes balloons float.

On Sunday, March 12, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Liszon said:

I've seen that kit too, jaw dropping, for 22k.. give it a few years and you might be able to pick that up for F35 prices. Great times.

I am eyeballing the FS700, killer prices bundled up with an Odyssey 7Q.

The Ursa Mini 4.6k is good but the lurking magenta corners with FPN makes me want to forget it, I don't want to gamble at that price. The Pro has NDs now and a set of control knobs which is cool but the FS700 still has that super useful 240fps scaled down from the whole sensor & 4K/120 burst vs the cropped 120fps on the Mini, built in NDs are also there. Some say colours are tricky but if I want an easy ride I could just pick up my BMPCC.

Again, great times, so many choices.

Very tempted by the Sony FS700 myself! Those are impressively low prices it is dropping down to.

I think for the low budget feature (features?) I'm shooting this year I'll advocate getting the FS700 for A cam, my F3 for B cam, & a6500 for small action / gimbal shots.

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

Very tempted by the Sony FS700 myself! Those are impressively low prices it is dropping down to.

I think for the low budget feature (features?) I'm shooting this year I'll advocate getting the FS700 for A cam, my F3 for B cam, & a6500 for small action / gimbal shots.

Yeah I have seen the 4k ones going for 2500 bucks, maybe a bit less. Other than the BM Usra Mini, really the only 4k options in town in that price range. The FS700 has slo mo out the butt and low light ability to boot. It is a awkward turd to use, but for tripod work that is not a big deal. That is where the BM Ursa Mini would be  a lot better for run n gun stuff.

It is pretty amazing how few 4k pro type cameras there are to pick from used under 5k. And that is way out of most peoples range on here.  Canon C500, Sony FS5 is 5k price wise but damn, that is big money unless you are making big money with it.

I guess there is the JVC LS300 camera, seems not too bad, but not pro built that is for sure. But they are 2600 bucks new now on B&H. That is getting pretty cheap.