Choosing SLR Magic lens and camera

Jed I. Clampett

I have purchased the guide, but am better informed, but clueless of what to do?

My current cameras are aps-c sensor size.

I do narrative film mostly. Looking to purchase a SLR Magic Anamorphot lens for anamorphic video. I use Sony Vegas 13 NLE which can desqueeze anamorphic video. Am thinking about getting a 4k camera so that when in 16:9 mode or 4:3 mode the loss of pixels will not be noticed when rendering to 1080p or 720p. I mostly shoot indoor with nikkor vintage prime lenses. The spaces are small, so shoot mostly with wide angle lenses. My concern is that with crop factor and having to use much longer lenses will not be able to shoot indoors in small spaces, not uncommon to be with 3' of subject. My concerns are that with the SLR Magic I will not have enough room to shoot indoors and want a single focusing solution. I know that they make the rangefinder, but wonder if they have an anamorphic lens that a range finder is not needed? I have no experience with this at all so before I spend $2k on Slr Magic stuff and likely as much upgrading my computer too and even maybe having to buy a MFT or Aps-c 4k camera, want to get your opinion. I do not have $4k to put into this.  Really looking for your experience, if the multi focus is not a big deal, good to know. I work alone so the less fiddly my tools are the better.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Breaking down the questions, how fiddley is it to use the slr magic anamorphot lens with an mft or canon rebel? Is there an slr magic lens that doesn't need the rangefinder?

Then how do you compensate for shooting close indoors not just the anamorphot lens needing longer lens, but also add crop factor. How do you shoot 3-4' away?

I don't think the problem is close focus alone, almost no anamorphic adapter lets you use wide angle lenses. If you are used to apsc 24mm and wider and that's how you work due to space constraints then the only adapter that can give you that is the Panasonic LA7200 and then close focus IS an issue cause then diopters are big and tricky to adapt. The widest you can go with apsc and slr magic is 28mm and then there is a chance of vignette depending on your lens. The slr magic 1.33 40 is single focus and will work with 28-30mm lenses.