Iscorama and Sony FS700

jeffpb7

Here's a quick first test I did a few days ago with my Iscorama and FS700. I'm shooting a feature film with this combo in August, so any constructive criticism or advise would be great... I used a +0.4, +1, and +2 diopter. I also used the original 50mm lens and a Zeiss 50mm 1.4 ZF. both lenses were wide open. Any thoughts on the footage? Thanks!

https://vimeo.com/62018110

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

A magical combination! The FS700 (or any high speed camera) along with anamorphics.

The shot at 1:39, were the falling particles superimposed or blended in? That was an amazing capture!

Those were flower peddles... I shook the tree to make them fall and then quickly panned the camera. I'm glad you liked it!

Nice. Really love the flares and colors.

Some of the shots didn't look aligned - ex. the shots in the beginning, with the fence in the background. Is the Iscorama hard to level/align? I haven't tried mine out, so I wouldn't know, but it worries me a bit if it is.

You're right, some of the shots were not quite aligned... I didn't notice until I pointed the camera into the sun and got a flare. It's easy to align though, and usually I align it with a flare, before I shoot, but I was in a hurry and didn't think about it. The shots with the Zeiss lens are misaligned.

This is incredible, well done! We just got the FS700 at work and I'm itching to do some anamorphic work. I'm new to the anamorphic game so what type of diopters and lens clamps would you suggest? Also which model of of the Iscorama lens are you using?

Thanks.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I used a redstan clamp with the no-Iscorama taking lens, which works the best, because it has 49mm threads to attach to the Iscorama. I used a Tokina 0.4 diopter, and a cheap +1, +2. I'm using the original Iscorama. There's one on Ebay right now that looks pretty nice. It's already been modified for close focus too, and comes with a clamp. I still need to modify mine.