Last Week End with Iscorama on my GH3

Sebastien Farges

I visit my brother, niece and sister in law, and I met in Toulouse Olivier, a anamorphic lenses collector. He lent me for this week end one of his Iscorama. It was the first and hope not the last time that I have this lens in my hand. It's working very well, sharp, and usable for closed shots without a diopter.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/61965327" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/61965327"

GH3 AVCHD 1080 50P
natural mode
1080 50P

Iscorama
non MC
1.5X version, apparently more 1.4X, that what I've done on post
Yashica
55mm f2
Contax mount
light craft ND variable filter
Tokina 0.5 diopter

here is a face to face Iscorama / baby Hypergonar :
vimeo.com/61788864

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It's nice to see your results with the lovely iscorama.  to me a wonderful tool.  the low light anamorphic king.  sharp enough at very fast apertures and no light loss.  When you finally pull the trigger on an iscorama I think you will love the flare factory modifeid helios44 I sent Andrew Reid (optimised to make iscorama a lot more rustic and lower contrast).    

I have a question about the flares at about 0:33 on your video... I noticed that in the right hand corner there is a straight, rainbow type, 45 degree angle flare. Do you see this to a greater degree when you shine a light directly in the lens? I'm wondering, because when I use any other taking lens on my Iscorama, other than the original, I get this straight 45 degree flare, if the light source is bright enough. If I'm using the original 50mm, I don't get this weird flare. I have some slight lens separation in my lens(but very little), so I thought this mite cause it, but I don't know. Anyone else have this issue?

It's nice to see your results with the lovely iscorama.  to me a wonderful tool.  the low light anamorphic king.  sharp enough at very fast apertures and no light loss.  When you finally pull the trigger on an iscorama I think you will love the flare factory modifeid helios44 I sent Andrew Reid (optimised to make iscorama a lot more rustic and lower contrast).    

Thanks Richard, and yes I have to order one of your lens, but for the moment I save money because I'm going to shoot from next monday two weeks of Manhattan in anamorphic... :)

I have a question about the flares at about 0:33 on your video... I noticed that in the right hand corner there is a straight, rainbow type, 45 degree angle flare. Do you see this to a greater degree when you shine a light directly in the lens? I'm wondering, because when I use any other taking lens on my Iscorama, other than the original, I get this straight 45 degree flare, if the light source is bright enough. If I'm using the original 50mm, I don't get this weird flare. I have some slight lens separation in my lens(but very little), so I thought this mite cause it, but I don't know. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm sorry I don't know, maybe a particularity of your lens