Zeiss 50mm Ultrascope?

au8ust

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

clueless nutters selling to rich madmen.

part of the scum dealer mafia shipping gear by the truckload across europe for tax reasons.

selling to buyers that i assume are using drugs cia money cos they will not be earning with this thing without a rebuild

all of this stuff is untested a lot garbage buying 2 iscorama would be less trouble.

if you find the anamorphic optics to soft it will have a very nice sharp zeiss lens inside.

Thank you guys for the inputs! I did a search and found a discussion on http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?showtopic=27850

It seems these lenses are not this expensive a few years back http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?45723-FS-Zeiss-Ultrascope-Anamorphic-Lenses-40mm-50mm-t2

By the way, I love your comment style Tony!

i have one of these lens...

any bond film using them the lens would not look llke  this..

we are talking a  6000 dollar rebuild it is better built than a lomo the original designer was a super talented clever engineer.

http://www.in70mm.com/newsletter/1999/57/jacobsen/index.htm

like anything complex and old it needs to be stripped down and rebuilt to get the max out of it.

it may work great but these ebay dealers are mostly scum every item i have ever purchased from them looked nice and was faulty and untested.

eBay dealing in lenses is becoming ever more cynical. Lot's of stupid prices with no relation to the quality of items. Broken things sold as "minty" what ever the f**k that word is supposed to mean. Engineering rarity and status , and you can track shops buying up everything so as to sell them on one by one at unrealistic prices. It's just madness out there now. I'm thinking of making the next film on EF-S glass just to make a point...

R@RE L@@K CANON EF-S 18-55!

LOLZ 

Last month I have an offer on a 50mm lomo squarefront anamorphic lens in OCT18 mount for $2000 I thought it was a bit expensive so I passed. A few days ago I found a listing with that exactly same lens for $3700 on eBay. Hmm... seriously?

I was looking at that too...

Looks like there are only two places in the world that have them available for rent.

In the USA:
http://taglighting.com/rental/lenses/anamorphic/zeiss-ultrascope-anamorphic-prime-lens.html

and

In Australia:
http://www.cameraquip.com.au/rental/au/35mm-lenses/anamorphic-prime-lenses/zeiss-ultrascope-85mm-f2-lens/

I'm tempted to rent one and try it out. I've searched the web trying to find if there's anyone else who rents them? Anybody? Or footage available?

The lens you've linked to sells for is missing it's front set of glass admittedly, but there's still a lot of other glass in the zoom section.

It's a very rare lens - selling for 17 or 20 times the price of this trashed one (which is why they're trying to sell it so high, I'd imagine). Complete ones (with damaged glass - but fully working) still reach 12/15 times this price.

But I agree that's a crazy price unless you're buying for spare parts.

It was listed first at $3K and it's been jumping up and down in price for a few days now.

A while ago I remember this seller also had a damaged K35 zoom... so maybe he's in a habit of dropping antique lenses - LOL :)

Haha! Perhaps he's very clumsy! Or just a lot of junk shop trawling...

It would be useful to the right person, but there seem to be a bit of market exploitation at the moment around these kinds of lenses: really silly prices. There's a bit of a fashion in promo videos for very wide aspects (promo video fashions come and go incessantly) so all the prices have rocketed.

The worst promo fad is for coloured signal flares. If I see another video with someone running around a beach in slow motion with signal flare, I'm gonna retire.

how about bozo here buying an iscorama 36 from one of those fucking mega dealers in eastern europe got it cheap buy it now

1600 euros.

it arrived body was mint condition looked inside no glass anamorphic glass.

the front 2 focus optics where all happy and new looking but behind them nothing an iscorama spherical optic.

no bent glass anywhere.

i contacted the scum trader and he replied by saying he tested it and it worked well : )

got my money back after plenty of abuse...i then gave him 300 euros for the 2 optics and the body

Haha! Perhaps he's very clumsy! Or just a lot of junk shop trawling...

It would be useful to the right person, but there seem to be a bit of market exploitation at the moment around these kinds of lenses: really silly prices. There's a bit of a fashion in promo videos for very wide aspects (promo video fashions come and go incessantly) so all the prices have rocketed.

The worst promo fad is for coloured signal flares. If I see another video with someone running around a beach in slow motion with signal flare, I'm gonna retire.

Yes - coloured signal flares are for the RNLI! :) or sticking in the face of people waving them around on beaches, in studios or in slow motion... 

Another fad that's bugging me (in the UK) is the amount of TVC's shooting anamorphic for no reason... ie Supermarkets (with inane TV personalities) or DIY ads... don't get me wrong, I love anamorphic... but I can't see how the product is improved by ovular bokeh and lens flares. 

Yeah it's a bit weird. It 's a certain kind of look that suits a certain kind of story or style I think. There do seem to be some ads and promos now where it's completely out of place, almost distracting. With great power comes great responsibility etc... 

Yeah it's a bit weird. It 's a certain kind of look that suits a certain kind of story or style I think. There do seem to be some ads and promos now where it's completely out of place, almost distracting. With great power comes great responsibility etc... 

it is really quite sick to see fake or real it is a fad reaction to the sterile image from the alexa..

vintage optics,cinemaskope fucking torch down the barrel.

bunch a scum.

it will be washing up liquid and meat pie adverts next.

this is one of my faves shot on lovely 35mm film..

weather was bad i here most of the time still looks magic.

https://vimeo.com/groups/120481/videos/13863937