Flexible mount solution for external monitors

timpy

Hi folks,

As many of you, I´m used to the flexibility of swivel or articulated LCD screens of the new cameras like Sony or Panasonic, but every time I use an external monitor like the BM video assist I feel very limited by the mounting solutions that clamp the camera fix on one angle of view position. If you want to change the angle of the monitor, you need to put the camera down, adjust the magic arm to the right angle and take the camera again. This is incredible time consuming if you are used to shoot from different angles like me. I found however something that could work, but it is design to work with only SmallHD 500 monitors. Here it is:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1224290-REG/smallhd_acc_mt_block_pan_tilt_sho_pan_tilt_mount_for_500.html

I was wondering if there is something similar on the market that work with all monitors. I spent hours searching the web, but found nothing. Do you guys know something?

Thanks in advance.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thanks for answering. All the ball heads I tried have two settings really: completely loose or really tight. Sometimes there is something in between, but they all end up losing the torque... at least the ones that I used! Besides, These ball heads allow movement on all axis, which is not ideal to keep the monitor horizontally levelled. The perfect solution would be something like the SmallHD pan-tilt adaptor, but in a universal format. I am surprised that nobody needs something like this!

Perhaps a flex-arm solution could work.  Such a set-up would allow you to hold the camera in one hand and adjust the monitor with the other hand.

Here's the Manfrotto flex-arm:

237hd300.jpg

Here is some other gooseneck for a tablet:

sgn188-arkon-18-gooseneck-floor-mount-fo

Here is the Lowel Flexi-Shaft (modular system):

s-l300.jpg

Here is a Matthews flex-arm:

1527.JPG

Here is some audio gooseneck selling at B&H:

Raxxess_POMT_Pop_Filter_with_Goose_13134