FCP X?

/p/

Are any of you currently using or have used FCP X for professional work? The place I work for is still using FCP7, I am also using FCP7 but would really like to move up to something newer.. I am really undecided on FCP X or Adobe Premiere Pro, I currently don't know anyone that doesn't still have FCP7 but it's bound to happen eventually.... Which should I focus on? I personally wouldn't mind taking the time to learn FCP X for my own projects but so many people (on the internets) seem to be abandoning the FCP ship since X was released, either that or they are not upgrading at all and completely avoiding it like the plague.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I don't know anyone who is using it professionally - everyone's still on Avid or FCP7 (no one in my neck of the woods is using Premiere either).

They both have a 30 day trial - give them a go & see which one you like best.

I took the plunge on FCPX (after trying both) & its actually v.good - its also a hell of a lot cheaper, gives me the same results as premiere & does things in a way that i always wanted FCP7 to do (not much of a learning curve).

FCPX introduced a bug in its last update so some plugins don't work at the moment - neatvideo etc...

I use it professionally for my movie, commercials and media in general. Good variety of filters, good color correction tools, very easy to use... I have watched a few tutorials and have learned a lot. I too was using FCP 7. I just feel it's much easier to use to Adobe Premiere. It all depends on your tastes. 

I am not a professional but an amateur obsessed with workflow solutions and I know as well FCP classic and Premiere since ten years.

In FCS, I learned Soundtrack by the manual and by Larry Jordans tutorials. To facilitate the audio workflow, both recommend to organize the audio *tracks* in FCP by 'checkerboarding'.

FCP X knows no tracks, and it allows only a very simple audio mix. Rumours say that Apple is working on Logic Pro X, which would solve this shortcoming.

Allegedly you can also checkerboard your audio clips by assigning roles which will be understood by ProTools. I can't comment on this, having no experience with this.

The answer, whether FCP X meets the needs for professionals, obviously depends on a few more criteria than just price of the software and tracks or not.

Maybe this helps to make a decision? It's from Ric Lanciotti from The Pacific Northwest College of Art. Notice since this video FCP X has made some added improvements. I'm not a prof but do own both. Only experienced Final Cut Pro X by now and for now it works. The only thing I don't like is the limited possibilities for graphics and titling. But maybe I din't find the right spot yet.

http://youtu.be/ArCL_UWfPck