METABONES Twitter account... does not exist anymore?

kabuto1138

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Why would that correlate to the M43 Speed Booster in any way? The FAQ says it's due for april.

Was it an official Twitter account? They're not on Facebook (sadly), I follow Metabones Korea (a reseller), which has interesting news sometimes.

They were in Twitter because I was following them.  I was checking their account to see if they got a date for pre-orders or something.  I believe they originally stated the release date as March, not April.

That's why I was wondering if it corrilates to the account being down.  They might be getting way to many messages about the 4/3 or something, who knows.  So instead of a backlash of some angry fans they deleted the account?  just speculation.   No biggie, but an update would be nice.

The account named "Metabones" on Twitter was not affliated with Metabones. I spoke with Metabones and they had no idea who that was. I didn't think Metabones had ever attempted to take it down either, so its disappearance probably had nothing to do with Metabones. Anyhow, in my personal opinion they could have explicitly stated they were not official, at the very least.

• 1 month later...

Looks like the m43 version wont be around anytime soon.

http://www.metabones.com/speed-booster-questions

We apologize but the m4/3 schedule is slipping. Manual focus lenses such as Nikon, Leica R, Contax C/Y, Contarex, ALPA and Rollei will be supported in the second half of 2013.

Canon EF lens (but not EF-S) support is planned in the future, but we do not have an estimated date yet.

The m4/3 version also reduces focal length by a 0.71x factor. So, the combined focal length multiplier of a m4/3 camera and Speed Booster is 1.4x. (2x from camera x 0.71x from Speed Booster.) The optics are optimized for the smaller sensor size.