360 Degree 4K Cameras?

Jimbo

Also have an Omni and Gear 360 here.

Is your client looking to deliver the video on headset, or on YouTube/Facebook?

With online, you can definitely get away with a cheaper buy. With headset, even an Omni will look pixely. The 360 will look like mush.

We haven't yet figured out a solution to be able to easily monitor 6 GoPros on set. We have them hooked up to an HDMI switcher to a wireless output which works OK but the feed is killed when recording which makes professional work a real guess. The 360 has a big benefit of being able to monitor in real time on the phone with no ridiculous rig and even stitch relatively quickly and pop in a Gear VR to see how it looks.

On 3/7/2017 at 5:11 PM, rdouthit said:

Note: you can get it with a V-Mount, but only if you buy it as a complete $5000 kit. If you have V-Mounts already, you CANNOT buy the power cable separately. Many have fried their OMNI units trying to jury-rig or buy a "compatible" cable for V-Mount power. It's annoying that GoPro doesn't sell these cables separately. 

They do

http://shop.gopro.com/virtualreality/power-adapter-for-omni/MAEPA-001.html

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Content is going to be on youtube/facebook for now. Having talked to the client, although the 360/VR experience is critical for the application, I think we can get with 250 horizontal/180 vertical, and as I have GH4s, and its going to be interior shots of vehicles, that has obviously brought me to the Entaniyama 250 MFT... and then the £2700 price tag. Still though, it seems a pretty elegant solution; 1 camera, 1 lens and no stitching...

Then I discovered the Sigma 4.5mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM Circular Fisheye Lens (as used above in the Mini video by the looks of it!) and thought I could use this with a 0.71x speedbooster and achieve a pretty tasty 3.2mm f2 lens for £600-700! Very similar to the Entaniyama coverage.

This would get me very close to 250/180 degrees (the 4K crop on the GH4 will shrink it) for a fraction of the cost if my maths is correct!?

Okay... just realised that the Sigma has a 180 degree field of view and projects that image circle within APSC sensor. No bending physics for more field of view for me today =)

Would be interested to hear if anyone has tried this lens with GH4 and speedbooster?