SLR Magic cine lens Hyperprime 25mm T0.95 1st hands on !!!

Sebastien Farges

Here is my first hands on of the SLR Magic 25mm T0.95 I've done yesterday ! Thanks 

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/60971533" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/60971533"

GH3 AVCHD 1080P 50
SLR Magic 25mm between T0.95 and T2.8 
Light Craft ND variable filter
Natural mode
No color correction

I've just received from SLR Magic their new 25mm T0.95 lens, the production copy. It has been improved with sharpness and purple fringing from EOSHD and 3D-Kraft Pre production lens.
The result is astonishing to my opinion, very sharp image at full aperture. Here is a non scientific quick test in a "documentary" situation (my daughter in a pony competition :) ). I'm really happy for the result, and the light was particularly cool this sunday morning.

The lens will be available soon, for 799$

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hey have you noticed anything with the aperture not working with the slr magic 25mm? I just got the lens and my ring stopped working. When I spin it - it doesn't have any effect on the aperture. The aperture ring also feels clicky.. Just seeing if anyone else had this, it may just be the lens I got.

Hey have you noticed anything with the aperture not working with the slr magic 25mm? I just got the lens and my ring stopped working. When I spin it - it doesn't have any effect on the aperture. The aperture ring also feels clicky.. Just seeing if anyone else had this, it may just be the lens I got.

Wow I'm sorry about it, SLR surely replace it. Mine works fine.