Century Optics bayonet solution

Tito Ferradans

Hey everyone, me again.

One more question: Century Optics' adapters keep showing up on ebay, and the prices have been rising a lot. Many of them are bayo-mount, and I don't think this many DV users are actually connecting them to GL1, or PD170. Is there a secure way to convert a bayo-anamorphic into a filter thread. for DSLR use?

I do have one of these, and noticed that a 52-58mm step-up ring fits perfectly around the rear-mount glass, but I don't think I trust glue this much...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/221047668317?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0

something like this (with the right internal and external diameter should work well.  just remove the bayo all the way.  put this in place, then replace the bayo so it tightens down and sandwiches the cokin ring.  you might need to pack it a bit with something.  a few layers of rubber would be good, cut into rings the same size as the cokin p ring  

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/221047668317?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0

something like this (with the right internal and external diameter should work well.  just remove the bayo all the way.  put this in place, then replace the bayo so it tightens down and sandwiches the cokin ring.  you might need to pack it a bit with something.  a few layers of rubber would be good, cut into rings the same size as the cokin p ring  

This is sorta what I did, but using a 52mm->67mm step-up ring.  The 52mm portion fits perfectly around the rear element and the 67mm edge fits just up under the rear bayonets.  Un screw the back plate, pop on the step-up ring, tighten the back plate back down.  It's a purely mechanical solution that will hold beyond the capability of any glue.  Instant rear threads for the Century Optics adapter at a very popular size requiring no additional adaptation for several Nikkor and even some Lumix lenses.

Once screwed in, the anamorphic adapter would sooner rip through the threads on the taking lens or rip the taking lens off the camera body before that step-up ring will ever come undone from that anamorphic.  It's a purely mechanical, clean and robust solution.

142htv6.jpg

Thanks a lot, guys!

I couldn't find any JB Weld here in Brazil, so decided to go with the 52-67mm step up ring. My bayonet had a little lock inside, so I had to carve up a level for it to fit in and then screw it all the way. On the first attempt, it didn't fit at all, then, i destroyed just a bit of the ring, and it almost worked, but the aligning mechanism became too hard. I got back to the ring, took off a nice aluminum chunk and voilá! Perfect.

mg_5682.jpg