teaser trailer of....well..nothing, but still!!

hidalgoserra

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi Jg, well the print of the screen will be really a mess as, most of the node ive used are gizmo i made myself as combination of different nodes, in reality nuke is not meant for colour grading, usually i would go with after aftter or scratch (even better) but i was on nuke for another project already :D

but i will try to post a sort of basic tut as soon as i can if anybody its really interested in that.

the process in nuke its basically a typical one.

1) degrain the footage

2) selective sharpening

3) exposure and gamma

4) re grain

5) color correction/matte mask/various colour overlay etc.

that should be all more or less. hope it helps

well nuke its fully modular ( all node base like shake) and the phyton language give you the chance to write what ever you want to fit your needs, scratch its rock solid and as you said similar to davinci or quantel that are the non plus ultra for colour grading, but im far from those :)

Hmm I think I'll stick with DaVinci for the moment, I'm not much of a coder!

I'm interested as to how you went about making this look, it doesn't look just like simple colour shifts, if you wouldn't mind sharing I'd be interested to know how you made the colour styles at 19 seconds and 1:44 for example, if you have a moment.

Do you have specific colours saturated? I'm intrigued... 

Guys with davinci you will most probably do 10 times better in 5 minutes then what i need half a day :D

About the colour style i like to keep consistency between shoots so i usually go with less different styles as possible trying to just vary till a get a colour pattern i like, of course only pushing colours isnth enough, in this example ive blown up lights, but on a real project i would have being much more carefull on keeping details without destroying the image, lets consider this is a 7d mov file too, with raw material i would have made a much better job in the same time.

seems already a very nice grading imho, the only comments would be to try to show more of the middle/dark areas of the clip as everything between those ranges now its melting a bit too much, maybe trying to under expose with some quick matte the lights of the car, and perhaps i would make everything a bit more sharp as ive seen myself that this create a lot of a cinematic look.