Tokina 12-28/11-16 for C100markII?

Kisaha

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
46 minutes ago, Geoff CB said:

Why not the 11-20? :)

Kind of on the slow side.  Well the 11-16mm is a constant f2.8, 12-28mm constant f4. I like the longer focal length of the 12-28mm and they are the same price. But if you need the speed, oh well.

I am not too sure I would not go with the Canon STM's. Some of them have face recognition also. the 10-18mm does I think for sure. That would be hard to pass on. I know they don't have a constant aperture but C100 mkII has damn good high ISO.

11 minutes ago, Geoff CB said:

Umm the 11-20 is the update to the 11-16, it's a constant 2.8

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1084644-REG/tokina_at_x_11_20mm_f_2_8_pro.html

That works, My Bad.

I am going to throw something in the mix, I know, I know, something to think about. Good low light, great Slo Mo, and the kicker, 4k. Not a bad price!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-NEX-FS700U-w-4K-Upgrade-and-Zacuto-Accessories-/322441953597?hash=item4b1309c13d:g:zScAAOSw32lYuwn2

4 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

That works, My Bad.

I am going to throw something in the mix, I know, I know, something to think about. Good low light, great Slo Mo, and the kicker, 4k. Not a bad price!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-NEX-FS700U-w-4K-Upgrade-and-Zacuto-Accessories-/322441953597?hash=item4b1309c13d:g:zScAAOSw32lYuwn2

Thats a good price. Is the 4k only available recording externally though?

7 hours ago, Inazuma said:

Thats a good price. Is the 4k only available recording externally though?

Yes you have to have a external recorder to do it as far as I know. But it can do 4k up to 60p Raw, 1080p footage at 240fps, and super Slo Mo up to 960fps at lower resolutions. Now the really fast Slo Mo stuff is for short bursts. It is a beast in reality with a external recorder. Pretty much can cover anything you need to do for not a heck of a lot of money. Probably the most versatile cine camera ever made that mere mortals can afford now.

But yeah, you would have to buy a Odyssey 7Q External Recorder to make it really work it's magic.

How the FS700 came to this conversation?! We use one for high speed shooting on a car's TV show I work occasionally, absolutely worst ergonomics ever, it is unbelievable how Sony manage to do it so wrong.

Anyway, I was wondering about the V series (they have red paint job and a gear belt!), and if someone has used one with the C100markII AF.

The 12-28 is great for what I want to achieve in focal length (in s35 I use the 12-24mm range a lot) and with the new cameras 4f ain't that scary anymore, (I use the 18-135 all the time with the C100, but I mostly missing something in tele and something in wide, all the time!).

Is this new 11-20 exactly the same as the V series lenses or better? Is the V series worth the extra money, or you just pay that gear belt?

There is a full set of L series lenses (C100markII/C300/JVC LS300) but we have to "share" that (and sometimes is rented as a whole set), so I would like to have my own set I can use whatever time, and being a bit more "adventurous" with my choices (even thought Tokina's UWZ are a safe bet), so I am trying to explore my options, and all the people I know with Tokina's have the 11-16mm...

49 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

How the FS700 came to this conversation?! We use one for high speed shooting on a car's TV show I work occasionally, absolutely worst ergonomics ever, it is unbelievable how Sony manage to do it so wrong.

Anyway, I was wondering about the V series (they have red paint job and a gear belt!), and if someone has used one with the C100markII AF.

The 12-28 is great for what I want to achieve in focal length (in s35 I use the 12-24mm range a lot) and with the new cameras 4f ain't that scary anymore, (I use the 18-135 all the time with the C100, but I mostly missing something in tele and something in wide, all the time!).

Is this new 11-20 exactly the same as the V series lenses or better? Is the V series worth the extra money, or you just pay that gear belt?

There is a full set of L series lenses (C100markII/C300/JVC LS300) but we have to "share" that (and sometimes is rented as a whole set), so I would like to have my own set I can use whatever time, and being a bit more "adventurous" with my choices (even thought Tokina's UWZ are a safe bet), so I am trying to explore my options, and all the people I know with Tokina's have the 11-16mm...

By the way, the 18-135 you are talking about is the STM version, right?, if that is the case, are you using it with EF-S lens parameter ON?, what about peripheral illumination correction?, ON or OFF?

Usually yes, but often I forgot and I haven't noticed anything disastrous yet. Obviously the C100markII 18-135 combo is for run and gun and low budget jobs, so I do not thing anyone ever notices such things, for more serious projects, the set with the L series means business, and everything and everyone are more careful, so am I!

The difference is a silly crop of 1.04 or something (I am not sure about the number), but it seems more safe to have both ON. If Canon says so..