Focus by wire usable? Panasonic Leica Summilux 15mm

Julu

Looking for a compact & lightweight 30-35mm (35mm eq) prime MFT lens.

How is the focus by wire in this Panasonic LEICA DG Summilux 15mm / F1.7 ASPH?

I have always been using manual focus lenses, but reviews says this has a great built quality so maybe the focusing could be acceptable for serious video use?

Anyways where is all the MF pancakes for MFT??

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I own this lens now since a couple of weeks and I tend to state that is next to perfect for my needs.

the af is fast, rendering awesome and the focus ring is very smooth - and like the Pana 20mm, the focussing isnt influenced by the speed you turn the ring - very rare for m43 lenses and very awesome!

i can totally recommend you this lens, solely based on the focus ring alone.

48 minutes ago, Julu said:

Looking for a compact & lightweight 30-35mm (35mm eq) prime MFT lens.

How is the focus by wire in this Panasonic LEICA DG Summilux 15mm / F1.7 ASPH?

I have always been using manual focus lenses, but reviews says this has a great built quality so maybe the focusing could be acceptable for serious video use?

Anyways where is all the MF pancakes for MFT??

Where are the MF pancakes lenses by any mirrorless manufacturer? I don't believe there are any. 

9 minutes ago, jase said:

Of course it goes over it. No hard stops until you use olympus lenses

with snapback.

Focusing ring doesn't stop yes, but i mean does the focusing motor stop perfectly to infinity even you turn the focusing ring over?

6 minutes ago, Julu said:

Serious use for non serious video :D 

One man documentaring use

Which camera are you using Julius? What ISOs are you shooting at? It looks like you often shoot available light in poorly lit conditions. if I were you, I'd pick up a used Sony a6000.

5 minutes ago, Julu said:

Thinking about getting a GH5. Plan is to get a wider lens, and use it as it is + ex tele conv. crop.

& thanks jase!

Still, if you're going to be shooting at night all the time, or in dimly lit interiors like parking structures, you'd be far better off getting an a6000, a6300 or a6500. No kidding.

4 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Still, if you're going to be shooting at night all the time, or in dimly lit interiors like parking structures, you'd be far better off getting an a6000, a6300 or a6500. No kidding.

Thanks for your recommendation.

Its just that the huge sharp viewfinder, better lcd and RS performance in GH5 seems so good!

And lol i didnt notice earlier: Blurry, contrasty, poorly exposed, grainy, poorly color corrected BMX videos are in fact my speciality! Just hope to get that rid of that blur :D

Just now, Julu said:

Thanks for your recommendation.

Its just that the huge sharp viewfinder, better lcd and RS performance in GH5 seems so good!

And lol i didnt notice earlier: Blurry, contrasty, poorly exposed, grainy, poorly color corrected BMX videos are in fact my speciality! Just hope to get that rid of that blur :D

hahaha. Sorry to say, but since you shoot in low light all the time, it's like buying a screwdriver to hammer a nail. Wrong tool. Best of luck!

12 hours ago, jase said:

I own this lens now since a couple of weeks and I tend to state that is next to perfect for my needs.

the af is fast, rendering awesome and the focus ring is very smooth - and like the Pana 20mm, the focussing isnt influenced by the speed you turn the ring - very rare for m43 lenses and very awesome!

i can totally recommend you this lens, solely based on the focus ring alone.

100% agree, my favourite lens right now (above my previous favourite pl25/1.4). The size, field of view, rendering, aperture dial, autofocus and manual focus control is fantastic. It is always on one of my gx80s.

4 hours ago, sgreszcz said:

100% agree, my favourite lens right now (above my previous favourite pl25/1.4). The size, field of view, rendering, aperture dial, autofocus and manual focus control is fantastic. It is always on one of my gx80s.

No doubt the lens is good, but the OP doesn't need a new lens, what he needs is an a6XXX, which he could easily find used for little more than the cost of the Summilux.