PAS SiNGLE

pooli

Hello forum from RUSSIA.
I do anamorphic cinema system for the nozzles on the basis of 35-NAP - PAS SiNGLE
This will be the single focus!
front lens movement coordinated with the movement of the focus lens ring.
So how will the electronic control on the Arduino, it is possible to use different lenses almost without limits!
For each written their own program.
Here are the first tests already working focus system.
The next stage of development is to increase the speed of movement (refocusing) and the finalization of the project.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Looks nice, but too bulky and complicated, man. Too many unnecessary details that make their error in the final result. Focusing attachments like Rectilux give more convenience, it is a pity that while there are no such large to fit with that huge ana. Cons - changing squeeze factor, when focusing, too slow focus from one object to other. Some good footage from wide open aperture, for example, F:2 or wider? I shooted earlier short test. Do you shoot like this from your construction?

Hmmm, so what?.. I don't see anything from link, sorry. I have questions, right questions, and don't sure that this construction good enough.

4 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Looks nice, I agree. But how good in practice, don't sure. Yes, I speak Russian

16 minutes ago, Flynn said:

Very clever. Looks good. Dr. Verbel', do you speak Russian?

Test from other man with similar method on F:1.4. Quick focus from one object to other. Maded for one taking lens, but more elegant scheme for my opinion.

tooslEcDpfs.jpg

Such a bulky system with those large NAP glasses in terms of IQ have a point only for using wide open apertures on fast 80+ mm (when front element of taking lens is bigger than regular rear anamorphic attachment entrance). For fast 50-75mm primes there is a great option like Rectilux and for shooting at F4 (as in attached video) there is Rangefinder or FM. Which all can be used without those additional drives and batteries.

2 hours ago, Dr. Verbel' said:

Looks nice, I agree. But how good in practice, don't sure. Yes, I speak Russian

Test from other man with similar method on F:1.4. Quick focus from one object to other. Maded for one taking lens, but more elegant scheme for my opinion.

tooslEcDpfs.jpg

In this system it is possible to use only one lens In my system any! It's a big difference. All NAP shoot wide open exactly the same, and you know it!))

My tests show how the focus, and later I will make tests at different apertures.

I wrote about it (for one taking lens). Yes, I know. But mistakes of construction (for example, bad aligned lenses) will affect on the final result. Yet I don't see from you any good samples, that's all. Ok, will waiting for good footage on wide open. Preferred the same as other sample, starts from 1.4. Maybe raw unprocessed footage also. Good luck, man!

1 hour ago, pooli said:

In this system it is possible to use only one lens In my system any! It's a big difference. All NAP shoot wide open exactly the same, and you know it!))

My tests show how the focus, and later I will make tests at different apertures.

I had a discussion with this man earlier, he talked about working aperture for good focus 5.6 for 35NAP family. But it not true. 35NAP no impact on the final critical sharpness of taking lens, if lenses of this ana well aligned. And he didn't want to admit his mistake. So I set up a few critical. No problem, man creating something, we will see now, he fix problem with sharpness or no.

https://vk.com/poolitm?w=wall-47865797_1329

Для камер с полным кадром, насадки 35НАП2-3м и объективами 85мм
на открытых диафрагмах резкости нет (без особых условий освещенности на объекте. см. комментарий)!
Хороший фокус начинается с диафрагмы 5.6.
Рабочий фокус при диафрагме - 8

43 minutes ago, Flynn said:

You guys are so negative. I think he's created something cool that I could not do, which he will probably improve upon. Give him some encouragement, not so much negativity!

words.JPG

2 hours ago, Flynn said:

You guys are so negative. I think he's created something cool that I could not do, which he will probably improve upon. Give him some encouragement, not so much negativity!

There is no reason to us to be negative) Because there is just not enough details to discuss. There was a statement about "already working focus system" but all the tests done from atleast F4. Just kinda ashamed of that kind old rusty method of marketing)

Don't want to be a negative at all: even this kind of a movement is good and i hope i can tell you why in near future)

10 hours ago, Dr. Verbel' said:

Looks nice, but too bulky and complicated, man. 

Он и здесь наследил, Миша, а так чтоб никого не обсирать, не умеешь?

yeah Dr Verbel, your design rocks! everybody else sucks :) ) )

5 hours ago, Flynn said:

i agree,  and don't share "Dr. Verbel's" negativity, the more people  trying to do any kind of research and development in anamorphic glass area  - the better for filmmakers,

people like John Barlow and Andrey Kramar, inventor of PAS SINGLE,   trying to bring affordable anamorphic solutions to us,  indie operators.

total respect and best of luck!

bzpop, don't compare John Barlow and this man ))) he just get lenses from body like any other. Many people rehouse 35nap in ex-USSR. You also can do this. You really want to use this setup? Curious to see. You have a skills, I know. This man positioned himself as producer, ok. I don't try to sell, I talk about all what I do. His solution...hmmm. To many cons for me. Heavy, bulky, slow focus with breathing, fix squeeze factor on post, noise from engines, nuclear station for power (joke, haha)... Enough?.. Rectilux beat all this. If all will be good with this system, no problem. Profs - yes, partial solved double focus. How much good this work and how good aligned lenses, we will see after good footages. Федя, зря ты так. Ты ж разбираешься в видеосъемке, у тебя есть нормальный сетап, просто добавь оптический сингл. Да, я не разобрался, кто ты такой, просто в тот момент, когда ты запостил инфу про Крамара, у нас с ним в разгаре были баталии. Человек просто не умеет признавать ошибки, как же, ему надо быть непререкаемым авторитетом. Да, ему надо отдать должное, в чем-то он молодец. Но пока я не вижу плюсов в этом решении. Ну да, как-то переводится фокус. Остальное перевешивает этот плюс. Посмотрим, насколько хорошо он справится в этот раз.

1 hour ago, bzpop said:

Он и здесь наследил, Миша, а так чтоб никого не обсирать, не умеешь?

yeah Dr Verbel, your design rocks! everybody else sucks :) ) )

i agree,  and don't share "Dr. Verbel's" negativity, the more people  trying to do any kind of research and development in anamorphic glass area  - the better for filmmakers,

people like John Barlow and Andrey Kramar, inventor of PAS SINGLE,   trying to bring affordable anamorphic solutions to us,  indie operators.

total respect and best of luck!

20 hours ago, Dr. Verbel' said:

bzpop, don't compare John Barlow and this man ))) he just get lenses from body like any other. Many people rehouse 35nap in ex-USSR. You also can do this. You really want to use this setup? Curious to see. You have a skills, I know. This man positioned himself as producer, ok. I don't try to sell, I talk about all what I do. His solution...hmmm. To many cons for me. Heavy, bulky, slow focus with breathing, fix squeeze factor on post, noise from engines, nuclear station for power (joke, haha)... Enough?.. Rectilux beat all this. If all will be good with this system, no problem. Profs - yes, partial solved double focus. How much good this work and how good aligned lenses, we will see after good footages. Федя, зря ты так. Ты ж разбираешься в видеосъемке, у тебя есть нормальный сетап, просто добавь оптический сингл. Да, я не разобрался, кто ты такой, просто в тот момент, когда ты запостил инфу про Крамара, у нас с ним в разгаре были баталии. Человек просто не умеет признавать ошибки, как же, ему надо быть непререкаемым авторитетом. Да, ему надо отдать должное, в чем-то он молодец. Но пока я не вижу плюсов в этом решении. Ну да, как-то переводится фокус. Остальное перевешивает этот плюс. Посмотрим, насколько хорошо он справится в этот раз.

слыш, я те не Федя, доктор 

ok. How is your name?

А кто тогда Миша? Ладно, в самом деле не хочется бодаться. У Крамара на самом деле со всеми терки, кто задает неудобные вопросы. Не знаю, уж ты-то должен видеть. Как частный случай побаловаться разве что. Good luck!

p.s. Sorry for all for writing in Russian, now all will be only in English. From me not negativity, but the right questions. I really think, that this solution not so usable and have too many cons. I have over experience with that huge Ana to talk about it. My thread about 35nap also on EOSHD.

5 hours ago, bzpop said:

слыш, я те не Федя, доктор 

• 2 weeks later...