How will Canon, Sony, etc. respond to Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro?

photographer-at-large

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 hours ago, mercer said:

Well Arri Classics are only going for around 15,000 on eBay...

I've noticed that, is pretty crazy cheap for sure!! Kinda wonder if right now is the optimal time to buy an Arri Alexa Classic. From a financial perspective. 

As they've had their big price drop,  but should still relevant and in demand as rental / owner op items for a little while longer yet???

29 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

I've noticed that, is pretty crazy cheap for sure!! Kinda wonder if right now is the optimal time to buy an Arri Alexa Classic. From a financial perspective. 

As they've had their big price drop,  but should still relevant and in demand as rental / owner op items for a little while longer yet???

Could be related to Netflix requiring 4K (internal shows?)? Perhaps a 4K(+) Super35 Alexa is around the corner: http://nofilmschool.com/2015/03/arri-6k-super-35mm-alexa-4k maybe this will be announced at NAB and soon to be released?

23 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

I would imagine if Netflix turned down a short or feature film shot on a Arri Alexa they need their head examined! True 4k or not!

I think the non-upsampled 4K requirement is only for internal Netflix productions: they're building a 4K library for the future so it makes sense (which they charge extra to watch).

1 minute ago, jcs said:

I think the non-upsampled 4K requirement is only for internal Netflix productions: they're building a 4K library for the future so it makes sense (which they charge extra to watch).

Yeah Arri is going to have to up their game no doubt. Can they keep a Film look in true 4k, 6k I am not really sure they can.

2 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah Arri is going to have to up their game no doubt. Can they keep a Film look in true 4k, 6k I am not really sure they can.

The Alexa 65 looks great, though it's basically 3 ALEV III sensors (A3X) making a medium format-sized composite sensor. I think ARRI will make a 4-6K sensor that is very competitive. Given the recent Alexa price drops NAB seems like a good place to officially announce the new camera- it's about time :)