2nd of March: BlackmagicDesign Camera & DaVinci Resolve Press Conference

Phil A

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 minutes ago, Flynn said:

I'm surprised they haven't put out a Pocket Mkii. I guess they make a lot more off the other cameras.

They may make a little more in profit, but the Pocket must be their best selling camera... without question. Hell they were probably still making money off the Pocket when it sold for $500. 

looks like BMD is now competing with sony FS & canon C line with all the tactile controls & ND filters. nice to see SD & SSD option too. honestly quite a beast of a camera. the Da Vinci micro control panel is pretty awesome too (at 1/30th of the advanced panel price!). like others i would have liked to see some updates to their smaller cameras but still some pretty cool announcements..

Best thing about this...shipping immediately. Means they are not making a promise they cannot deliver for once. The camera seems to tick every box. ND, SD card recording, more external controls, switchable mount. If it works with less problems than their previous cameras, EVERYONE is going to want one.

I knew this was going to happen. 

They didn't announce a new camera last year because they didn't want to screw up the shipping this time. They waited another year so it would be ready on announcement. 

That said, the Ursa Mini Pro is a serious piece of kit. Fantastic image with new body features that even betters much more expensive cameras as an all-round package. 

Not going to get distracted, got the FS5 and Inferno. That mini panel does have my attention for Slog colour grading! 

I'd love to see an Ursa Micro with the 4.6k sensor (or thereabouts) made for pistol grip gimbals and action shooting. 

I am sure listening!

At last, a real low segment/work horse/real camera. For run and gun and low budget pro work we need real cameras, no photo hybrids or good ideas, very bad executed (Pocket).

I am waiting for the first reviews, and a new Canon C100markIII announcement, what it lacks is the best of both words (dual pixel AF + variable ND), but overall a great proposal. 

Panasonic is out of this equation right now, I hope that will change really soon.

BM seems to listen, and are serious. Maybe at one point a completely BMD workflow will be possible!

10 minutes ago, mercer said:

The Ursa Major discount is cool if someone bought one, but now BM is getting into a territory where false promises and rush to production has big name competition. Looks like a great camera though. I can't wait to see what it can do. 

It'll do exactly the same as the Ursa Mini 4.6k, just more conveniently for one-man-band shooters.

I love it, it's great upgrade. But it's still a big, heavy camera so I'm not a potential customer. Plus once you rig it with the evf, CFast cards, battery, etc. you're probably looking at nearly 10k.

2 minutes ago, Phil A said:

It'll do exactly the same as the Ursa Mini 4.6k, just more conveniently for one-man-band shooters.

I love it, it's great upgrade. But it's still a big, heavy camera so I'm not a potential customer. Plus once you rig it with the evf, CFast cards, battery, etc. you're probably looking at nearly 10k.

Totally agree, it looks like a great camera, but still too heavy and expensive for my personal preferences….anyway BM is doing right this time, no more broken shipping promises...

Does anyone knows what is included in the basic buying kit?

The point of this camera is that you have a run and gun tool that can easily transform to a capable feature film one.

It is seriously tempting and definitely in the right direction.