2nd of March: BlackmagicDesign Camera & DaVinci Resolve Press Conference

Phil A

(That is the YT live stream, will be on 2nd of March)

Color me curious. No idea what it might be. Maybe the 4.6k turret for the big Ursa finally ships?

There was also just a rumor on 43rumors about a 4k BMPCC but I see that with a big grain of salt... don't want to get the hopes up and end heart broken :grimace:
http://www.43rumors.com/ft3-new-backmagic-mft-camera-rumors/

Never the less, I'm looking strongly forward what new stuff might come to Resolve!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

Would be great to see a new Pocket Cinema Camera as the Micro was in no way a replacement for me.

Not sure about 4K, as Blackmagic have a poor track record with their 4K sensor performance... their 4.6K sensor good, but not the 4K sensors they have used so far.

I'd rather see a more modest 2.8K raw shooting camera and nice raw compression options.

7 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

I'd rather see a more modest 2.8K raw shooting camera and nice raw compression options.

Current camera (or DSLR size) but m43 chunk of the 4.6k sensor (would be like 3k then) and doing at least 3:1 compression, bigger grip with space for LP-E6, higher resolution screen. I'd preorder that (so I get it by June 2018)!

It seems we are going to see some announcements this first semester, GH5 is pushing the envelope I believe, especially for video optimized cameras. Good!

On a somehow unrelated fact, I just realized that a local e-shop offers the JVC LS300 for 3000euros (including VAT), I like to see competitive tools been around 3000, I thing a new (much more improved) pocket could be even cheaper and set new costing lows for maximum quality.

A bmpcc with a 2.5k sensor à la bmcc and big dynamic range à la ursa mini 4.6k and boom !!!!! I'm back with blackmagic !!!!! But what I fear is a 2019 more or less shipment, sensor problems, battery system chosen... etc etc... blackmagic knows how to do great pictures from their sensors, but their choices to make strong user friendly bodies are sometimes a bit mystical...

Though excited by this press conference...

2 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Here is the stuff (according to rumor).
Its the 4.6K upgrade for URSA and some other studio stuff.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?phd=4291585331&atclk=New+Release_New+Release&ci=4&N=4294255798+176&origSearch=blackmagic%20design

Well, there we go. Who know's though, maybe they'll announce a lil something else at the end :)

4 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Here is the stuff (according to rumor).
Its the 4.6K upgrade for URSA and some other studio stuff.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?phd=4291585331&atclk=New+Release_New+Release&ci=4&N=4294255798+176&origSearch=blackmagic%20design

The studio stuff was all announced at the last press conference. I'm really hoping there will be a BMPCC / BMCC v2 but I think the more likely, and really needed, announcement would be the 4.6k turrets indeed. But the B&H page is no reference, they apparently listed the 4.6k Big Ursa like that ever since it was announced, even including the global shutter that never made it to the mini.

Seeing how I use Resolve for editing and grading, I'll win no matter what gets announced today :sweat_smile:

The guy who first posted that B&H link on dvxuser has since been told that most of those products have been on the website for months, even years in the case of the 4.6K ursa.

Maybe they are announcing that they are finally shipping this stuff... Hopefully something new though.