5K RAW video on the Olympus E-M1 II usable for short clips!

Andrew Reid

@mercer as someone who has had a lot of midrange cameras and then owned a c100ii for half a year... i would say its not worth it.  The image is quite clinical. The d5500 image has more charm to it and your bmpcc will have charm + super gradeabity + sharpness. The best thing about the c100 is just that its suited to doc work (which is what i was using it for).

Anyway this EM1 60fps raw video thing is cool. Nice footage, though would definitely be better if not for that overcast Berlin weather. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Nikon did this in 2011 with the Nikon V1, here's your article http://www.eoshd.com/2013/03/nikon-v1-shooting-4k-60fps-raw-for-200/

It's a shame because Nikon does innovate but do nothing to improve.  The D90 was the first DSLR to include video and @ 24p, Canon later released the 5Dii and the masses wanted manual control so Canon gave them manual control there wanted 24p as well as the 30p so Canon gave them 24p meanwhile there isn't even a Nikon APS-C capable of manual aperture. 

I think you said the Nikon V1's sensor is capable of 4k raw.  Nikon could easily open up these features but continues to limit them selfs... Their last mirrorless camera was the J5 with 4k @ 15fps...

Here's another example below of the V1

5 hours ago, Rubba Johnny said:

The D90 was the first DSLR to include video and @ 24p...there isn't even a Nikon APS-C capable of manual aperture. 

I had the D90.  I shot video with it.  It was pure shit.  Horrible image.  Embarrassing, really.

Also, fwiw, putting old glass on any camera gives one a manual aperture.