Final conform, DaVinci or Premiere?

Turboguard

So I've always done my final conform in DaVinci because it just seems to work faster and seems to be handling higher bitrates better. Reason why I'm asking is that tomorrow I'm doing a quick gig for this PR firm and I asked them what software they use and they replied premiere. But DaVinci is free so, should I bother getting it instead?

I don't know the details yet what final conform is but I know that the footage I'm getting from colorist is 10bit DPX.

Yeah, so stick with Premiere or use DaVinci is basically my question...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well I am moving away from Premiere, as resolve gets better with every release. And when I am working with RAW files, Resolve outperforms Premiere. + the rendering is much faster then Premiere. I do miss warp stabilizer as the stabilizer in Resolve is not that good yet. And perhaps adjustment layers, those were fun too. So at NAB they will probably announce resolve 13, and I am sure it will have some amazing ugrades or features.

I am editing more than color correcting, and Premiere is still much better than Resolve and their lumetri and other tricks are enough for my workflow.

For more serious tasks I outsource the coloring procedures to more experienced colorists or DPs that do that.

I recently tried to work a bit with the Resolve, but after a couple of decades with Premiere and Final Cut, I am a bit slow with other editing suits.

I am sure it will evolve more and maybe soon it could be equal or better to Premiere, after so many years Premiere hasn't even peaked yet, and that is a shame, Resolve can reach them soon-ish.

If you are more comfortable with Resolve, then use that (if what you need is in the free version), the most important thing is to be comfortable with your tools.

I just feel like Adobe is not caring about meeting expected demands. I always read online "send them a support message and if enough people do it maybe they'll improve" which is so sad to see... I'm doing more and more work in corporate world with quick turn arounds and there's just simple solutions I'd like to see for tedious functions. My point with this thread I guess is more personal than maybe technical, I still feel like Premiere add time to each encoding while DaVinci sweeps through final delivery.