NX500 cheap wide-angle recommendation needed (4k)

gnoober

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, gnoober said:

I'd love a good suggestion for a wide-angle for my new NX500 and its 4k mode.

It would have been awesome to use the EF-S 10-18mm Canon lens, but sadly it doesnt come with an f-stop control.
Any affordable smart adapters?
Good older Glass?

thanks! 

Check this out:

https://www.facebook.com/NXL-284084538620105/

thanks guys!

So I guess my dream lens does not exist.
Looked at those - I'd love to have a stabilizer and autofocus in there- for a walking around camera with vlog style videos..
I guess the 12-24mm would be too large and then we're pretty much out of options, arent we?

23 minutes ago, gnoober said:

thanks guys!

So I guess my dream lens does not exist.
Looked at those - I'd love to have a stabilizer and autofocus in there- for a walking around camera with vlog style videos..
I guess the 12-24mm would be too large and then we're pretty much out of options, arent we?

I have the Samsung 12-24, its pretty small and lightweight actually. Autofocus works well in video being it's an ultra wide angle with slow f stop. Pretty much everything is in focus. For vlogging with a gimbal it would be killer. Which I'm about to try with a zhiyun crane on my nx1.

12-24 is incredible light and small (for a UWZ, it is), but I mentioned the 10mm fish eye NX, which is one of the best kept secrets of NX land, easily one of my favorite lenses, ever.

You would expect something like this. Have you seen this NX fisheye? https://www.camerastuffreview.com/samsung-lensreview/test-samsung-10mm-fisheye it is extremely small and 72 grams. There are some links and videos online as well. It is also has a fantastic minimum focus distance, check this http://erphotoreview.com/wordpress/?p=4930

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2017 at 0:10 PM, Parker said:

Rokinon 12mm f/2 in NX mount, it's the lens I have on my NX500 90% of the time. 

Agreed.  With the hack, you get the (35mm equivalent of both 18mm and roughly 32mm)  A great combination.  Also, when in crop mode, the f2 looks fantastic because you're getting the best part of the center of the lens.  There's also a front filter thread for an adjustable ND filter.

• 3 weeks later...

Why not use the nx500 in 2.5k mode? You benefit from the full aps-c sensor, get very low rolling shutter and (probably) no noise reduction. Sure, you have those strange lines across the screen that appear now and then, but I have not found them to be a problem. I'm using Vasile's hack and I see it in maybe 1% of the clips (more often with the NX-KS hack), and then I can get rid of it by selecting interlaced instead of progressive scan when transcoding, using the high setting in handbrake is usually enough as well.

• 2 weeks later...