Iscorama VS Iscomorphot 8 2x VS Iscomorphot 8 1.5x

QuickHitRecord

Do you know of anyone using a zoom close up with these babies, like the old HOYA units back in the day - typically 1-10 diops of zoom

They are cheap to buy so crap for stills but maybe useable for vids

I had one of those once: http://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/741-isco-gottingen-anamorphot-15x-not-to-be-confused-with-iscormorphot-15x

That was a focus-through design and very difficult to work with. You have to reposition the camera to focus. The Iscomorphot 8 1.5x is very easy to use (fully rack-focusable and has a minimum focus distance of about 2.5'), as long as you keep your aperture above f/5.6.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Do you know of anyone using a zoom close up with these babies, like the old HOYA units back in the day - typically 1-10 diops of zoom

They are cheap to buy so crap for stills but maybe useable for vids

I have one of those too. It forces me to use an even longer lens to avoid vignetting and is only useful for extreme close ups and macro shots. I haven't used it since I bought it.

My Iscomorphot 8/1.5 came with an itty-bitty little clamp. Trouble is, the rear thread is 22mm and, as far as I'm aware of, no stepping rings are anywhere near that small (Anyone know of any?).

I would really like to get that redstan clamp though, badass little combo.

@Ben I don't think that you are going find any step rings small enough. Redstan has a clamp, or you can do what I did (see last page).

Where would I get the redstan clamp? It's not on his ebay or website. Would I have to order it custom?