The new Fujinon cinema lenses

Flynn

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

This has already been posted in Lenses. ? Fuji has been supplying TV and cinema lenses for almost as long as I've been alive. But to answer your question, if I consult my crystal ball, now that Fuji has embraced 4K video in its line of mirrorless cameras, I can't see them letting the video side stagnate while they continue to innovate in the stills department. Which leads me to my next prediction: Fuji will use a sensor similar to that of their GFX, which in turn will enable IBIS; the X-T3 will have a fully usable touch screen LCD; F-log will be available internally; and finally, it will still have a million quirks to drive users nuts! But by the time the X-T3 is released, all of Panasonic's midrange m43 cameras will have 4K 60 internal and 4K 25 10-bit 4:2:2. ?

2 hours ago, JurijTurnsek said:

Such a mystery that dedicated cine glass from Fuji gets no love in a separate thread, but has to live inside a generic thread on a cine forum is very confusing ... whereas countless posts are dedicated to determining if a certain unreleased photo lens will live up to demands of videography.

Let's bring it back to life then. :) 

• Super Members
14 minutes ago, tomekk said:

Do you guys think there is a future in manual lenses, though? Won't they become obsolete once DPAF is good enough? Similar to manual still lenses extinction after AF got good enough for pro use. 

With "extinction" do you include the new Zeiss Loxia lenses and the brand new line of Voigtlanders announced only a few days ago? ;)

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/english-specs-three-new-e-mount-lenses-poll/

24 minutes ago, tomekk said:

Do you guys think there is a future in manual lenses, though? Won't they become obsolete once DPAF is good enough? Similar to manual still lenses extinction after AF got good enough for pro use. 

Nah I dont think anybody wants the camera to do the thinking for them. (for like interviews etc it might be helpfull, but for narrative work I dont think so)

• 2 months later...

Fujinon is also bringing this out in X mount as well as for this pair of lenses, as well as E mount, makes you wonder if Fujinon is going to bring out a cinema camera....  their stills cameras are doing 4K after all. 

So, is this mount on the lenses swappable between X mount and E mount??

I wonder *if* the new lower priced Varicam ships in MFT mount if they will then release this for MFT mount as well?