Camera advice. Best image, ignore rest. $3000

Brother

18 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

wow! do you have a link for that? I am sure this little cam has some untapped hw and sw potential in it.

Of, course it is a liable candidate, and brand new with warranty!

I read it in a customer review and on a forum so it is really just hearsay... I assume something a rep said at a trade show... they'll say anything. But then again I wouldn't be surprised with this Frankencam. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 hours ago, jpfilmz said:

When properly exposed it does look every bit as good...even wide dynamic range looks superb. The C100mk2 is $4000 and the 5D3 is under $3k so that's why I haven't really tried to mention it much.  I don't have the C100mk1 but i hear it also has a great image just a different color cast.  I still cannot rank it's image as higher than a raw image due to post flexibility of 8bit vs 14bit.  Audio can be record while shooting in raw with the via MLV by enabling the MLV audio module.  The locking up issues are often caused by having to many modules enabled, card filling up while recording, card speed dropage or a battery issue.  With my configuration don't get any locking up issues.  Usability wise the C100mk2 is comprehensively no question much better to use.....better than any dslr form camera I think if you don't need stills. It's my favorite video camera to shoot on and makes me want to by a C300mk2. I did have my c100mk2 lock up on me 2 days ago where I had to take the battery out and reinsert it to get it back functioning while shooting..it was a 3rd party battery.  

Yes I am aware of the MLV audio - I shot RAW for 2+ years on the 5d3.  Shot it in the very beginning and spent countless hours syncing audio in post - remember the "beep" when it starts recording, and the scratch camera audio time not syncing in post?  I went through all those headaches - later builds were much better of course.  Any camera might lock up with a 3rd party battery; not sure what the point of that is.

I think you can find used C100 II's for under $4k - I did.  Just have to be patient.  :)