When will the NX "Bloodbath" Commence?!

Juxx989

I was sure the price of NX stuff would tank completely by now... 

I hunted down a perfect NX 50-150 (no box) for $800 about a month ago... and was kicking myself thinking by now on the eve of the "ALL MIGHTY" GH5 it would be like $700-$650 today...

But nope the price of NX gear is Spiking again!?  I could sell for a $150-$250+ profit right now... Crazy...

I got my NX-1 body used from BH photo over a year and a half ago and I could sell it for the same or a little more...

If anybody is in a NX dumping/Selling mood the time is now... seems to be a sellers market....  may be the last peak before it falls of a cliff...

Im still on the fence... Looking at Blackmagic Cameras with rose colored glasses at the moment.

I need to watch this every day till it becomes my mantra. (this only applies if your not losing gigs because you don't have the right gear)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

As I understand the Samsung cameras are extremely sought after right now including their hardware that is why prices keep rising, because they are becoming rarer and rarer and its mostly because of this forum right now and the great guys behind the bitrate hack and Luca's adapter and work in progress smart adapter.

Not to mention Samsung NX1 and NX500 imao are still amazing cameras and they are cheap well used to be anyway. Its a good sign because now that dirty "&()!"%)¤ acting president of Samsung aka Son of Samsung's actual president, is in jail and that means there will be a brighter future for Samsung now that the corrupt bastards are removed.

I wish the old boss comes back with vengeance! NX-F, full frame with crop mode for NX lenses and super 35 videography, and with two of those and two fish eyes you get 360 2xfull frame alright! And buys Nikon, and sells everything Nikon to Canon, because he doesn't care.

These are the last glimpses of this system, this time next year only a couple of us will be still here. Or not, because they would delete the sub forum.

At some point better cameras will come along and then people will lose interest in the NX1. 2017 might be that year, the GH5 looks promising and with the a7 mark 3 family due to come this year, the NX1 will finally be eclipsed.

I don't think Canon or Nikon will bring anything better, and most of the other manufacturers are not really in the game. It will be Panasonic and/or Sony - those are the two big players right now.

39 minutes ago, tugela said:

At some point better cameras will come along and then people will lose interest in the NX1. 2017 might be that year, the GH5 looks promising and with the a7 mark 3 family due to come this year, the NX1 will finally be eclipsed.

I don't think Canon or Nikon will bring anything better, and most of the other manufacturers are not really in the game. It will be Panasonic and/or Sony - those are the two big players right now.

The smart lens adapter do not work with GH5.

I own a lexar 2000x card, which is able to write at more than 200MB/sec on my PC, which translates to 1600Mb/sec. Yet my NX1 tops at 180Mb. I think it's a CPU limitation (or I/O interface limitation), not card.

On 21/2/2017 at 8:35 PM, tugela said:

Sony is extremely expensive. GH5 has small sensor and 40% less MP than NX1, making it an no-go upgrade for those more into still shooting than video. I'll consider NX1 pwnd when an APSC with 30+ MP camera comes, costing in the 1200-1400€ range for body, with gorgeous AF lenses not costing gold, with 10bit internal at 4:2:2 or raw for video, an AF in the 1DX mk2 range, 15-20fps at 14bit raw with a buffer of 100+ pics.

25 minutes ago, Marco Tecno said:

I own a lexar 2000x card, which is able to write at more than 200MB/sec on my PC, which translates to 1600Mb/sec. Yet my NX1 tops at 180Mb. I think it's a CPU limitation (or I/O interface limitation), not card.

I can record at 200mb for at least 4 min...or more (I stopped it myself) but when I go 300 it only records for 1-2 secs before write error. Lately I have been sticking around 160mb 

Well, for me Samsung works quite fine. However a zoom or a S-lens might be nice as well. I have Nikon and Sony but can't see me buying more of that stuff (except for Nikon V3 perhaps).

Btw, this might sound a bit controversial, but wouldn't buying a new screen with 10-bit quantum dots or better be actually a better investment than new camera gear in some sense?

Especially if one uses RAW format for photography since the RAW-image is 14-bits? I have no idea how it would be for video thought.

• 3 weeks later...