oh my gosh!, C100 ghosting?

hijodeibn

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
13 minutes ago, Justin Bacle said:

Looks more like compression artifacts to me. Where you recording internally or externally ? It wouldn't surprise me if this happened using the internal recording as the bitrate is not that high.

That it doesn't look anything like compression artifacts in my experience.  It looks like motion blur.

OP:  Shoot the exact same shots and use a tripod.  Don't move the camera.  Upload those images. If the "ghosting" is there, you can start worrying.

12 minutes ago, Justin Bacle said:

Looks more like compression artifacts to me. Where you recording internally or externally ? It wouldn't surprise me if this happened using the internal recording as the bitrate is not that high.

This is internal recording, but I also recorded externally with a Ninja Star, I see something similar in that footage...

15 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

This is internal recording, but I also recorded externally with a Ninja Star, I see something similar in that footage...

Compression artifacts are blocky distortions, chroma banding, things like that.  This isn't that.

I'm going to wager these stills are captured from video clips where the camera was in the middle of a violent handheld pan.  Most likely you're recording @24fps, right?  In other words: a normal visual result.  We're looking at a still that represents 1/48th of a second as the lens moves quickly.

2 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

really looked like ghosting

Was the camera moving for these stills or not?

1 minute ago, fuzzynormal said:

Compression artifacts are blocky distortions, chroma banding, things like that.  This isn't that.

I'm going to wager these stills are captured from video clips where the camera was in the middle of a violent handheld pan.  Most likely you're recording @24fps, right?  In other words: a normal visual result.  We're looking at a still that represents 1/48th of a second as the lens moves quickly.

Yes, 24fps, but the last picture that I attached from the Ninja Start worries me a lot, check the base of the flowerpot, that artifact doesn`t look like motion blur...

4 minutes ago, fuzzynormal said:

Was the camera moving for these stills or not?

yes, it is moving, there is no other way to see the ghosting….

14 minutes ago, Shirozina said:

what do you expect when you wave a camera about with a 50th sec shutter

The OP might be new to videography and obviously does find these results unexpected.  (how a beginner has access to c100 and a Nija Star recorind system is interesting, but perhaps it's a student)  Don't know what's really up until certain questions are answered.

From what I know about c100 ghosting, it's a field interpolation error that pops up from time to time within the hardware of the camera.  It looks a little like inverted field rendering that one would see back in the NTSC days.

11 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

yes, it is moving, there is no other way to see the ghosting.

Thanks for the info.  My conclusion/guess is that you're not aware of the physics of light and how cameras work.  That's fine.  You'll learn.  Bottom line:  your camera is operating without error.  You're making an incorrct assumption about your perfectly natural visual results.

It's most likely not "ghosting" it's motion blur.

The c100 "ghosting" would look more visually stratified.  

If I'm wrong, I wouldn't be absolutely surprised, but that's my best guess.

2 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Could be a shutter speed problem, but that would be a damn extreme example of it from your information on the specs.

Well, we don't know how violently the lens was panning when those shots were taken.  Looks well within normal motion blur probability to my eye.

Why are we looking at stills anyway?  The c100 is a video camera.  The OP should upload the actual clip.

Just now, fuzzynormal said:

Well, we don't know how violently the lens was panning when those shots were taken.  Looks well within normal motion blur probability to my eye.

Why are we looking at stills anyway?  The c100 is a video camera.  The OP should upload the actual clip.

Very good advice LoL.

1 minute ago, scotchtape said:

You guys are so restrained and polite I am impressed. 

Welp. everyone's gotta start somewhere.  As they say, "There's no such thing as a dumb question..."  Just because a question might betray someone's comprehension of things doesn't make the question in of itself ridiculous.  After all, learning about this stuff now will lead to a better skill set down the line.

Here's some 101 level info I found quickly using the world wide web information super highway search engine provided by google.com:  http://www.red.com/learn/red-101/camera-panning-speed