Remote Filmmaker Camera Package?

Riadnasla

Hello!

My wife and I are considering moving to a small town in the Northwest Territories from the big city. If this happens, I would be working a non-video gov't job, but will still want to do some sort of video production as a hobby or side job (scenic, grad, wedding, and micro-doc videos?). Some friends living in the area also suggest that I could start teaching a 101 course at the local college.This in mind, I think I would sell my Sony F3 kit, and aim for a more lightweight camera package including an A Cam, action cam, mics, and accessories.

My biggest concerns with the gear I bring up there are that I would be doing EVERYTHING. Hauling, lighting, camera, sound, file management, editing. I'd need the entire kit to be portable enough for me to manage without making 10+ trips between truck and location every time. Setups would need to be simple and quick. My budget would not be able to accommodate the large uncompressed footage I'm spoiled with right now. 

The new A Cam would need to be lightweight to use on my Glidcam HD-2000, Kessler Traveller Pocket Jib, and Manfrotto 502HD head. Not expecting the dynamic range I get now, but am still looking for the best image I can get in compressed format. Currently eyeing the C100, due to the lens mount, XLR inputs, ergonomics, simplicity of use, etc., etc. I'd use my T4i for photos and B Cam as needed, and the action cam needs at least 1080p, but no real requirement for it to be more than that. I'd prefer to use as few proprietary parts as possible (looking at you Sony SxS), but as long as I can afford them with the budget of selling the F3 and interface them to computers easily, it's not a dealbreaker. 

Have any recommendations?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs