GH5 Noise Reduction @high ISOs simply sucks...

Emanuel

17 minutes ago, deezid said:

To me it does. Just watch the AF comparison video from Max Yuryev. The GH5 doesn't do AF very well but smokes the Sony in terms of skintone reproduction, lol.

I am not talking skin tones. That video above with the city traffic on it. Hell the Sony looks like it is in S log with no grade on it compared to the GH5. That isn't normal. And the A6500 ought to be even or better than the GH5 for low light shooting.

But I will be honest I have not looked at too may compairisons of the GH5. Not really in the market for one. Not paying 2k for a DSLR form factor. I'll buy a used Canon C100 for that much. I really don't need 4k for what I do. And a Canon C100 is a downsampled 4k sensor anyways.

But unless Sony hits a home run, the GH5 is the camera to go with for the average person that is for sure. A 4k Raw camera from Sony would be Very interesting for less than 3 grand.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

@Davey 99% is quite a big amount of people, for you to know their wishes and needs.

I wouldn't say no (I do care more for a robust 10 bit file than 4K/60p), but I do not see hordes of people buying the GH5 any time soon.

I am pretty confident that Canon M can sell as good as Panasonic this year, with soft 1080p.

@webrunner5 I am reading that the battery life isn't like GH4, if anyone can confirm about battery life, please do.

The camera is extremely cheap for what it offers, I still can't believe all the specs, and you know that GH5 will be a workhorse, reliable and productive, unlike some other brand's models.

45 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

@Davey 99% is quite a big amount of people, for you to know their wishes and needs.

I wouldn't say no (I do care more for a robust 10 bit file than 4K/60p), but I do not see hordes of people buying the GH5 any time soon.

I am pretty confident that Canon M can sell as good as Panasonic this year, with soft 1080p.

@webrunner5 I am reading that the battery life isn't like GH4, if anyone can confirm about battery life, please do.

The camera is extremely cheap for what it offers, I still can't believe all the specs, and you know that GH5 will be a workhorse, reliable and productive, unlike some other brand's models.

I think I read the battery life of the GH5 is Better than the GH4? And you are right, it will be a workhorse camera.

Second paragraph down.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/panasonic-gh5/panasonic-gh5A.HTM

7 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

@webrunner5 I think they are the same batteries, but GH5 has more resources to cope with, so needs more power. I believe I read(heard/saw) something like half, but I am not sure.

They are saying it has over 2 hours, that is Damn good. The GH4 was just about 2 hours on the dot. So it looks like it is as good, or even a little bit better.

https://www.videomaker.com/article/r02a/19015-panasonic-lumix-dc-gh5-review

3 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Well I am watching it on my 30" sIPS 2k monitor and the GH5 was wonderful looking, and they Sony looked, well Lifeless.

But who knows what settings were used in each. I find it hard to believe the Sony is really that Bad!

It says below the video "1600 ISO 1/50 standard picture profile" They both Ought to work at that ISO, especially the A6500!

Makes me think the GH5 is maybe the best looking Video camera in the world LoL. The NEW baby Alexa. Hell , maybe the GH5 is the Alexa's Father!

What I meant is the ISO was maybe too low for the light available.

I would use auto ISO normally and have maximum set a bit higher than I otherwise would think.      It is just a guess but I see something a bit similar sometimes with full HD on my A7s if I have the auto ISO maximum too low.      Also it depends on the bitrate used.       When I set dual record video so my camera does both XAVC-s and MP4, at higher ISOs the MP4 can look terrible while the XAVC-s can be fine.

Chances are I am way off but that it just looks a bit like it to me.

I didn't like the Sony in that at all and I would think it can do a lot better as ISO 1600 is not high at all.

10 minutes ago, noone said:

What I meant is the ISO was maybe too low for the light available.

I would use auto ISO normally and have maximum set a bit higher than I otherwise would think.      It is just a guess but I see something a bit similar sometimes with full HD on my A7s if I have the auto ISO maximum too low.      Also it depends on the bitrate used.       When I set dual record video so my camera does both XAVC-s and MP4, at higher ISOs the MP4 can look terrible while the XAVC-s can be fine.

Chances are I am way off but that it just looks a bit like it to me.

I didn't like the Sony in that at all and I would think it can do a lot better as ISO 1600 is not high at all.

Yeah you know and I know that is not a Normal output for the Sony??? They are Not that bad as that video showed. Either that or the GH5 is the best thing since Sliced Bread! Who knows.

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

They are saying it has over 2 hours, that is Damn good. The GH4 was just about 2 hours on the dot. So it looks like it is as good, or even a little bit better.

https://www.videomaker.com/article/r02a/19015-panasonic-lumix-dc-gh5-review

But I never owned a GH4, so I am only going from what I have read also. Surely some people on here can chime in on their Battery experience on a GH4 better than I can.

9 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah you know and I know that is not a Normal output for the Sony??? They are Not that bad as that video showed. Either that or the GH5 is the best thing since Sliced Bread! Who knows.

But I never owned a GH4, so I am only going from what I have read also. Surely some people on here can chime in on their Battery experience on a GH4 better than I can.

You are a good old sailor, so you give more in a post of yours than the output coming from hundreds of videos posted on YT by kids clueless on what they actually do ; ) Without mention their messages published there ;-)

11 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

You are a good old sailor, so you give more in a post of yours than the output coming from hundreds of videos posted on YT by kids clueless on what they actually do ;-)

Why thank you. I know this is WAY off topic. But check out this video. What the hell do people in New York think about LoL. Jesus!

Hell I am old also, that could have been ME. Well I am not as old as her, but hey.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/woman-head-gets-stuck-york-090649120.html

18 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Why thank you. I know this is WAY off topic. But check out this video. What the hell do people in New York think about LoL. Jesus!

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/woman-head-gets-stuck-york-090649120.html

I can't have access from outside US (no proxies nor bit rate from where I am in order to watch the video content for now) but I read the headlines. Unbelievable, isn't it? I recall when in Rome something similar happened with me (that was my foot instead), I had better luck though because the subway train had given signs to start to run anyways. But, that was a train conducted and driven by someone not there, not people side by side as a camera shootout!

2 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

I can't have access from outside US (no proxies nor bit rate from where I am in order to watch the video content for now) but I read the headlines. Unbelievable, isn't it? I recall when in Rome something similar happened with me (that was my leg instead), I had better luck though because the subway train had given signs to start to run anyways. But, that was a train conducted by someone not there, not people there!

Oh hell I could believe that happening in Rome. God Everyone there is in a big hurry. I was never a big fan of Rome other than the Art Works there. They are pretty amazing no doubt.

19 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Oh hell I could believe that happening in Rome. God Everyone there is in a big hurry. I was never a big fan of Rome other than the Art Works there. They are pretty amazing no doubt.

You need to come when I'll be there and able to show you the best of it. My pleasure and a honor to personally meet the man behind the soul from your posting (no need to call me out, to publicly announce you'll pay me flight and hotel to begin with... LOL ;-) It is my town, even though I was born thousands of kilometers away.

11 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

You need to come when I'll be there and able to show you the best of it. My pleasure and a honor to personally meet the man behind the soul from your posting. (No need to call me out, pay me flight and hotel to begin with... LOL ;-) It is my town, even though I was born thousands of kilometers away.

Sweet. Well I doubt I will be over there in awhile, but you never know! I really like Naples better. I could see my self moving there if I was rich enough to do it.  I don't know if it is better, but it IS on the Mediterranean Sea, trust me I Had to look it up to spell it,  unlike Rome. And it is a bit more laid back.

But Italy is my favorite country other than the United States. They have the best food I think. But France is in the running on that also. I could never like England's weather. Yikes. And we will not talk about their food other than Yorkshire Pudding!

20 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Sweet. Well I doubt I will be over there in awhile, but you never know! I really like Naples better. I could see my self moving there if I was rich enough to do it.  I don't know if it is better, but it IS on the Mediterranean Sea, trust me I Had to look it up to spell it,  unlike Rome. And it is a bit more laid back.

But Italy is my favorite country other than the United States. They have the best food I think. But France is in the running on that also. I could never like England's weather. Yikes. And we will not talk about their food other than Yorkshire Pudding!

LOL I've been based in both Rome and Naples. I am still connected to both because I have my stuff spread all over there. Naples can be a contradictory town, fab people but odd things happen at times. Crazy location indeed. Good for vacations and you must take care of you all the time. True, you can't die before to go there. But please, don't let strictly literally written :-D

Rome, on the contrary, is a peace of mind. Only a certain type of Italians are still there. Hey, I love them! So, I could only write "a certain type of"... Actually, I feel myself one of them, so I am able to tell everything about them/us (as Portuguese native, hard to write it because trust me, we Portuguese are same family, just a bit different, but as Roman I accept, in Rome, be Roman! :-D)

Other than that, I love people a bit more to the North or East too -- lived in Eastern Europe as well. Pity their temper may follow their weather. Germany was the most perfect country where I've lived and there are a few of them already.

22 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

LOL I've been based in both Rome and Naples. I am still connected to both because I have my stuff spread all over there. Naples can be a contradictory town, fab people but odd things happen at times. Crazy location indeed. Good for vacations and you must take care of you all the time. True, you can't die before to go there. But please, don't let strictly literally written :-D

Rome is a peace of mind. Only a certain type of Italians are still there. Hey, I love them! So, I could only write "a certain type of"... Actually, I feel myself one of them, so I am able to tell everything bad about them/us (as Portuguese native, hard to write it because trust me, we Portuguese are different, but as Roman I accept, in Rome, be Roman! :-D)

Other than that, I love people a bit more to the north or east too -- lived in ex-YU and ex-USSR countries as well. Pity their temper may follow their weather. Germany was the most perfect country where I've lived and there are a few of them already.

I found Germany Too Perfect LoL. I have never been to Berlin. I know that city is really a Lot different than the rest. Probably would be a cool place to live. I am sure Andrew knows all about that place.

Now a place I don't much care if I ever go back to was Algiers North Africa! Wow was that a real change from reality! Like living back in the time of Christ. It was interesting to say the least. I was in the Congo also. That is a beautiful country. But wow the poor people that lived in it!

Craziest place I was ever at was I volunteered to go to a Leaper Colony on the Island of Malta! We had truck loads of fresh fruit we delivered to them in Dump Trucks. They lived down in this stone quarry. It had little rooms where they lived. Probably was 50 foot deep or more. There were a Lot of people in it. Jesus what a way they had to live. Sad stuff for sure. But I loved Malta, cool place. But it is a rock pile to be sure LoL.

I have been to a hell of a lot of places in the world. Amazing how people in reality are really so much alike on what they want in life for them, and their families. Humans we all are. Shame all the stupid stuff there is going on in the world now.

7 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

LOL Indeed. BTW, Malta is one of my homes too :-)

No way LoL. You sound like you have a Very interesting life! What do you do?? I am retired. SO I basically do Nothing LoL. But I do go to a lot of different places. States in the United States. I Hate cold weather!

You Ever been to Rota Spain, now THAT is a interesting place! Closest I probably ever was to been killed in a airplane. And I have has a lot of close ones in a plane. They have some mean ass Monkeys there also LoL.

I guess that Malta is a bit different of that one of mine, so comes really grateful to read you, as usual in the set of topics you're used to focus on your awesome posting : ) You should publish your memories, mate! :-)

I run some businesses today, film production included. But, trader, seller, consultant (film, economics, law), instructor, and so on, as much as film critic / presenter / producer (newspapers, radio, TV), photographer, cameraman, editor, scriptwriter, director, in this industry, the same as life in general, I've done a bit of everything. Actually, I guess I am a full-time student for my lifetime being :-D

14 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

I guess that Malta is a bit different of that one of mine, so comes really grateful to read you, as usual in the set of topics you're used to focus on your awesome posting : ) You should publish your memories, mate! :-)

I run some businesses today, film production included. But, seller, consultant, instructor, and so on, I've done a bit of everything. Actually, I think I am a full time student for my life time being :-D

Did I read right that you are Portuguese? Wow Lisbon is a Beautiful place.  I remember the ocean view in Lisbon as being breathtaking. And the food, oh my God!  And if my memory was right Every Taxi in Lisbon, at the time I was there, Had to be a Mercedes Diesel!

I remember Taxi drivers in Naples never drove a night with their lights on until they came to a blind corner. They scared the hell out of me as fast as they drove in little Fiats.

There was a Bar in Malta that sat up on a hill that had a Windmill on it. Is it still there? Can't remember the name of it.