ISCOMORPHOT Inflight 16/1.75x?

redimp

Found one, great shape, I really want to buy it, but need to figure out what's a fair price for it.

I couldn't find any info about it, so would appreciate any opinions.

Also if anyone has any footage examples shot with this lens – I'd really appreciate it, since my googling didn't lead me anywhere.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Inflight version of iscomorphot 16/2x...so great optics and quite desirable stretch (1.75x lenses are often more like 1.5x at mid/ non infinity focus distances). Classic Isco gold coatings/ streak flare, zero CA and lovely sharp yet has a warm retro look.

Search iscomorphot 16/2x videos for ballpark example videos. 

If it's in great condition then anything 300 UKP or under is a good deal IMHO.

19 hours ago, redimp said:

The asked price is much higher, then 300UKP. The size of the glass is quite significant, the rear element is 55mm wide. Is the 2x version the same?

Big glass is better, 55mm is quite significant and slightly larger than Kowa B&H / 16H / 8Z / Elmoscope II. Those are sought after because of being short, with large diameter glass (which means you can go wider with your taking lens) and good image quality. However, if the price is much higher than those, you should give it some thought. Do you like/need the somewhat unusual stretch factor? How important is wide-angle? You're probably also paying for the rarity of it...

About the size of the rear element of the Iscomorphot 16/2x...measured it, rear element is 'only' 32mm across (diameter of the back, including casing is 52mm, so be sure to check they did measure the glass only). Cheers, Tim.

2 hours ago, Timotheus said:

About the size of the rear element of the Iscomorphot 16/2x...measured it, rear element is 'only' 32mm across (diameter of the back, including casing is 52mm, so be sure to check they did measure the glass only). Cheers, Tim.

Yeah, just measured mine too...can confirm the 16/2x rear optic to be 32mm and rear casing is 52mm.

I know the Iscomorphot 1.75x's  I've seen have a shorter body design - they are the detachable front from the 16mm spherical projector lens. But upon inspection of pictures I've seen, the actual scope optics look similar if not identical size to the regular 16/2x.

@redimp Do you have a picture of the lens you are looking at? Just to be sure we are talking about the same lens (and not some kind of rare prototype model!) Also how much higher than 300 UKP is the asking price?