GH5 Lenses

Rich Merritt

On 6/2/2017 at 0:37 PM, Jimmy said:

Has any had experience with the 25mm f1.7 lumix?

I have. It's ok, quite fast, small and cheap. I don't like how the manual focus works. If you are on a budget it is a good fastish* native prime to get started with if you are moving on from the native zooms.

I consider 0.95 to 1.4 to be fast on the m4/3

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
34 minutes ago, Thpriest said:
  On 2/6/2017 at 6:37 AM, Jimmy said:

Has any had experience with the 25mm f1.7 lumix?

Only the Panny/Leica 1.4...when you handle the lens it feels like a toy...but the image is all Leica...and at 1.4 the lens is tick sharp and the DOF unforgivingly shallow...as I never use AF, the fly by wire MF took a bit of getting use to, but the lens has performed flawlessly in over 5 years of owning it.

@Rich Merritt...I recently bought the 12-60 Panny/Leica 2.8 and although I don't have the GH5 that I bought it for yet, I am already very impressed with this lens. It will definitely earn it's keep! I got both the 20mm 1.7 and the 1st generation 14-140 4.0 on cameras I purchased and although slow, the 14-140 is a good outdoor video lens and the 20 is fast and sharp for indoor use...especially needed if you shoot Vlog as raising ISO in Vlog seems to get noisy quickly...

1 hour ago, fuzzynormal said:

I have a doc I'm shooting this summer and my wife and I got the voightlander 25 and 42 f/.95 for the job. 

Not a lot shot with the lenses just yet, but I'm happy with the tests I've been doing. 

I've also been using my Oly 12-40 f/2.8 for corporate work. Looks fine. good rendering and sharpness. 

The Voigtlander 25mm may be one of the nicest lenses I've ever used. The mix of modern/visual IQ with such a fast lens can be both breathtaking and utilitarian for a single lens. Would love to see the 17.5mm or 25mm used with an LS300 with the prime zoom function... hmm... maybe I should make that happen.