FYI FCPX & Motion & LogicProX for $199

Don Kotlos

Apple released a software bundle for education:

http://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop/product/BMGE2Z/A/pro-apps-bundle-for-education

"The total cost of Final Cut Pro X ($299.99), Logic Pro X ($199.99), Motion 5 ($49.99), Compressor 4 ($49.99), and MainStage 3 ($29.99) is usually $629.95, so the bundle offers educational customers over $400 in savings."

PS I have been running FCPX on a Macbook 12" to edit small 4K projects and I am very very happy with the performance with such a low powered machine, so I was eyeing FCPX for quite some time. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 hours ago, Don Kotlos said:

savings

thats a deal!

9 hours ago, Don Kotlos said:

PS I have been running FCPX on a Macbook 12" to edit small 4K projects and I am very very happy with the performance with such a low powered machine, so I was eyeing FCPX for quite some time. 

wow thats really good to kno, idk how the 12" would do with premiere but its nice to see that final cut can still deliver on that machine

2 hours ago, woozie said:

is there any way to purchase it through the app store to use gift card credit? 

yes! in the mac app store!

there are two types of apple gift cards: one for the "apple store" meaning you can buy MERCHANDISE in person at a brick and mortar store and on apple dot com, and an iTUNES gift card to buy APPS, movies, songs, books, etc – thats the one you want! if you already have an apple store gift card u can use it to buy an itunes gift card ?

21 hours ago, jase said:

Educational - does this mean you have to be a student? I mean, does Apple check for that?

good question – i highly doubt it.

if you want education pricing on apple products you just go here (in the US) http://www.apple.com/us-hed/shop and click a box in checkout saying youre a student or educator... theres no checking into that trust me lol. so i would imagine the same kinda thing applies in the mac app store but idk?

On 04/02/2017 at 8:42 AM, jase said:

Educational - does this mean you have to be a student? I mean, does Apple check for that?

Yes they do check, think you need a University e-mail or proof of somekind (can't remember what exactly) - it would be too easy if they didn't check/need proof.

However, if you have a friend that works for an educational establishment or studies then you can get them to buy stuff for you - don't think that'll work for software, but great for the rest!