Samsung NX1 - Post Your Latest Video

timmyturntable

On 1/31/2017 at 5:10 PM, ricardo_sousa11 said:

Heres my latest entries :

This last one is still private, its only due next week, but since this is a specialty forum, there should be no harm. Everything shot on the NX1+16-50s 2.8, and graded with my own Vellichor luts, available for purchase here if any of you wants to have a look - https://sellfy.com/p/HNAk/

Hope you guys enjoy :D

The Dianna + Brian wedding video is stunning (haven't seen the other one yet). 

I have just finished a very generic wedding video and this makes mine look like somebody handed a slightly drunk aunty Doris a disposable point and shoot from the supermarket. This is a good thing, by the way. Aside form the drone shots, there is plenty in there which I am going to use (editing technique wise) that I hadn't considered; in particular the overlapping dance scenes towards the end.

Thanks very much for sharing.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
11 hours ago, Davey said:

The Dianna + Brian wedding video is stunning (haven't seen the other one yet). 

I have just finished a very generic wedding video and this makes mine look like somebody handed a slightly drunk aunty Doris a disposable point and shoot from the supermarket. This is a good thing, by the way. Aside form the drone shots, there is plenty in there which I am going to use (editing technique wise) that I hadn't considered; in particular the overlapping dance scenes towards the end.

Thanks very much for sharing.

Thank you so much!

Those overlapping dance scenes are my saving point...I always have a terrible time to edit the "party" section of a wedding, thats why I do it that way, it saves the whole thing!

1 hour ago, ricardo_sousa11 said:

Thank you so much!

Those overlapping dance scenes are my saving point...I always have a terrible time to edit the "party" section of a wedding, thats why I do it that way, it saves the whole thing!

I know exactly what you mean Ricardo. Definitely the most boring part of shooting weddings, since a lot of the reception/post wedding party stuff is so routine, paint-by-numbers "get this shot, then that shot." 

But it's always useful to see how other people switch things up to try and keep things interesting! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 21/02/2017 at 4:41 PM, Kisaha said:

I would like to @yourname, but I couldn't understand what letters to choose! Would you care to share your equipment/settings/workflow? 

Good job!

thanks, NX1 with 16-50 premium lens, the sharpness is -10 but since I prefer more of a flat look I use a Tiffen black satin filter to reduce 4k sharpness, pilotfly gimball, I use 0-255 because I find better skintones with it somehow redness in cheeks shows more with this mode for me but I add -15 contrast and -3 brightness as suggested in this forum to work with premiere. gamma DR with -3 con -4 saturation and 15 MBL, I tend to expose for the sky because It brings more drama to the scene but you'll need extra lighting on your subject because he would be underexposed otherwise. This was done all in one day! it was very cold in january so we shot mostly inside places but it's run and gun situation. 

10 hours ago, لطفي بوعكاز said:

thanks, NX1 with 16-50 premium lens, the sharpness is -10 but since I prefer more of a flat look I use a Tiffen black satin filter to reduce 4k sharpness, pilotfly gimball, I use 0-255 because I find better skintones with it somehow redness in cheeks shows more with this mode for me but I add -15 contrast and -3 brightness as suggested in this forum to work with premiere. gamma DR with -3 con -4 saturation and 15 MBL, I tend to expose for the sky because It brings more drama to the scene but you'll need extra lighting on your subject because he would be underexposed otherwise. This was done all in one day! it was very cold in january so we shot mostly inside places but it's run and gun situation. 

Fantastic job! What strength/grade black satin filter did you use?

5 hours ago, Kisaha said:

How's the Pilotfly with the NX? I am torn between that or the Crane, but I am not 100% sold on either of them.

I just got the zhiyun crane with my nx1 and it handles the 16-50s very well. Its a little heavy though and makes me want to buy the 2 handed grip option.

On 2/5/2017 at 1:04 AM, ricardo_sousa11 said:

Thank you so much!

Really, really nice edit. Well shot too. And I agree about the dance, very clever way to make it visually interesting.

• 1 month later...

I now have an account so you can see my name instead of the arabic one, here's my latest NX1 Music Video, this one shows how it performs at night with only 1 light hitting the subject. (the part at the concert isn't NX1) all shot 4k then downconverted 1440p

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, omega1978 said:

not the only one :) NX1 mixed with A7S and Phantom 4 Pro

Great ^^ nice vid, plus you didnt get the snow overexposed because it's hard to do that sometimes, now I'm starting to realise how poor high framerates is at 1080p and wish there's a hack for 4k 50FPS or even 1440p

thanks,

Nx1 normal Gamma 16-235 with MBL 9 sharpness -10 contrast -3  + Lut Rec709.A7S with EOSHD picture Profil .P4 in Cinelike D.

i use a variable Nd Filter on Nx1 with aperture on 4 and set zebra to 100 to avoid clipping highlights.

pilotfly H2 for moving shot and a shoulderig.lenses 16-50s, rokinon 16,35,85. timelapse and bike shots with xiaomi yi4k

9 minutes ago, omega1978 said:

thanks,

Nx1 normal Gamma 16-235 with MBL 9 sharpness -10 contrast -3  + Lut Rec709.A7S with EOSHD picture Profil .P4 in Cinelike D.

i use a variable Nd Filter on Nx1 with aperture on 4 and set zebra to 100 to avoid clipping highlights.

pilotfly H2 for moving shot and a shoulderig.lenses 16-50s, rokinon 16,35,85. timelapse and bike shots with xiaomi yi4k

This is great. Thanks for sharing. Again, I love what you put together.

Do you mind me asking what Lut you used on the NX1 footage? I'v seen the discussions on using different luts with the NX1, but I haven't had the opportunity to use any myself.