Canon 5Dmk3 freeze and lost files petition - join in!

maximdrygin

Hi all, a message from the Canon 5Dmk3 petition creator: thanks for your attention and support.

Just one week since it was started, we are 105 strong. We are global – Australia, Canada, Finland, Germany, Indonesia, New Zealand, Thailand, UK, USA signees are in anger over losing files of wedding ceremonies, short films, or stills.

The way change.org petitions work is every time a new person signs up, an email with the petition text is sent to all those that I marked as addressees.

The PR manager of Canon Business Imaging Australia have been in touch with me since the petition was started, advising the information on the problem and the petition was sent to Canon HQ in Japan – but only once, unfortunately, and I don’t feel it is enough for our recurring troubles to disappear.

One of fellow supporters who had the freeze issue investigated by local Canon Service a year ago without success beginning of this week reported unexpected call from a Canon Service rep. He was asked a series of questions about the malfunction, told that there were only 2 cameras locally reported since, and advised of further follow up calls as internal investigation was on its way.

Despite these positive signs of interest from their side, I’ve ramped up the plea by adding to the petition 17 new emails of high-rank Canon managers that I’ve found.

If anyone of you happens to know your country email addresses of any Canon reps or local service centres, please send these through to me to maxim.drygin at gmail.com, I’ll add them to the petition as a means to increase involvement of other Canon employees into the problem that we’re eager to resolve.

Lastly, I’d like to ask everyone of you guys to sign up for the petition yourself if you’re concerned – you don’t have to have had this issue to join in if you genuinely support the idea of professional gear problem to be treated professionally – http://www.change.org/petitions/canon-fix-the-canon-5dmk3-camera-freeze-and-lost-files-problem/

Cheers
Maxim Drygin

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs