Smart Adapter

lucabutera

I have reflected on the possibility of building a smart adapter,
But before working on this project I would like to ask you friends of the forum, which would you prefer:

1) Aputure Dec
2) Techart Pro

Aputure Dec has the advantage of remote manual control, no mechanism on the adapter, built-in battery, open the iris and the display showing the iris aperture values.

Disadvantages, it works only with Canon EF lenses.

Techart Pro has the extraordinary advantage of transforming all manual lenses with auto focus lenses, and since the thickness can mount almost all existing lenses.

Disadvantages, can not adjust the aperture of the iris of Canon EF lenses, no remote control.

This question is not an official communication to work on Autofocus system to Samsung, this depends on the time and money that I can spend, I just want to do a survey to see what you prefer.

I look forward to hearing your opinions.

- write 1) for Apture Dec; 

- write 2) for Techart Pro.

Thank you

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Disclaimer: what I'd like to have on my NX1 is a full AF adapter for long and decently cheap tele lenses (those missing for NX), like tamron 150-600 or something like that.

That said, the best for me would be a metabones alike adapter, with all the electronic inside it AND aperture controls for other brands.

If this is unfeasible, I could consider the Techart, but I should test it first to see if it satisfies my needs. Of course, if focusing is too slow or the adapter gets too expensive, I could end by preferring a Nikon D5500 body (or even the now ultra cheap D5300).

So, to make the long story short:

2 (maybe)

2 hours ago, bzdingo said:

2 would great.  God bless

I do not not want start and argument and get banded from this forum but can I ask you to not sign with "god bless"?

I mean you can do whatever you want and I am not going to tell you what to do or not do I am just asking nicely because it really bothers me.... enough to write this post lol.

Sorry to the OP for my unrelated post.

I would prefer Aputure Pro (1)

On 24.1.2017 at 3:05 PM, lucabutera said:

I have reflected on the possibility of building a smart adapter,
But before working on this project I would like to ask you friends of the forum, which would you prefer:

1) Aputure Dec
2) Techart Pro

Aputure Dec has the advantage of remote manual control, no mechanism on the adapter, built-in battery, open the iris and the display showing the iris aperture values.

Disadvantages, it works only with Canon EF lenses.

Techart Pro has the extraordinary advantage of transforming all manual lenses with auto focus lenses, and since the thickness can mount almost all existing lenses.

Disadvantages, can not adjust the aperture of the iris of Canon EF lenses, no remote control.

This question is not an official communication to work on Autofocus system to Samsung, this depends on the time and money that I can spend, I just want to do a survey to see what you prefer.

I look forward to hearing your opinions.

- write 1) for Apture Dec; 

- write 2) for Techart Pro.

Thank you

Is it impossible at this stage to make an electronic adapter? 

Techart Pro with electric connection to lens for stabiliser would be amazing, its no point if the electronic lens is not activated and it just adjusted it as if was a manual lens, there was a guy who managed to make the Samsung communicate with Canon lenses with a conversion board. 

"there was a guy who managed to make the Samsung communicate with Canon lenses with a conversion board."

I think it's the same guy who made the Rocky Mountains Movie Converter. Looking at his site and videos it seems he can control both EF and NX lenses via Arduino. To me it seems he could be very close in making an active adapter if he has time and motivation.

33 minutes ago, SMGJohn said:

Is it impossible at this stage to make an electronic adapter? 

Techart Pro with electric connection to lens for stabiliser would be amazing, its no point if the electronic lens is not activated and it just adjusted it as if was a manual lens, there was a guy who managed to make the Samsung communicate with Canon lenses with a conversion board. 

I agree with you John, I think it is better complete control of Canon lenses that partial control of all lenses, but I have to look ahead and work on a long-life project.
You have the website of this guy who built this conversion board? My project is different but it could be a useful see his work.