Razer Blade 2016 as an alternative to Macbook Pro

Ed_David

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 hours ago, Kenta said:

Rec.2020 is not the same as DCI-P3. It is a wider color gamut and no current laptop can do Rec.2020 at the moment.

Do you have a source? I handles Youtube HDR...? 

I'm very confused about all the different wide gamut/hdr modes. Would be great if somebody has a nice writeup. 

Edit: I did some more googeling, and yeah you seem to be correct. Still, would love a guide about all this. 

9 hours ago, jonpais said:

Max Yuryev's videos present the facts, you're welcome to disagree; however, he is not misleading anybody. he uses industry standard benchmarks. He's given us the most comprehensive review of these machines to date. He's no Apple fanboy; he only started using Macs a few years ago; and he's built his own Windows machines and continues to do so. Not only does he not gloss over the fact that Razer's GPU is more powerful than that of the MacBook Pro, he never said that the MBPr is an editing powerhouse. Those are your own words. He does point out that the Razer GPU loses it's lead when on battery power - is that Apple fanboyism? And it's already been amply demonstrated that it's not the individual components that matter, but how they work together. And I believe he did recommend the XPS for PP, not the MBPr.

Right

11 hours ago, André Eriksson said:

Do you have a source? I handles Youtube HDR...? 

I'm very confused about all the different wide gamut/hdr modes. Would be great if somebody has a nice writeup. 

Edit: I did some more googeling, and yeah you seem to be correct. Still, would love a guide about all this. 

I'm not sure what your current needs are technically and what you mean by "modes" but if you want to learn about both HDR and Rec2020 this pdf is the best I've found. Happy Studies :glasses:

http://files.spectracal.com/Documents/White%20Papers/HDR_Demystified.pdf

18 hours ago, Kenta said:

I'm not sure what your current needs are technically and what you mean by "modes" but if you want to learn about both HDR and Rec2020 this pdf is the best I've found. Happy Studies :glasses:

http://files.spectracal.com/Documents/White%20Papers/HDR_Demystified.pdf

Haha thanks! I mean we will have to start grading for HDR at some point... :grimace:

I'm currently using an Alienware, but when it comes to upgrade time I think II may be on these. They look great! That said, a 1060m ain't that beefy. I think the current Alienware have 1070 or 1080m as an option. Alienware tend to spec higher, but aren't as "mac like" as they're big and bulky.

I was thinking of switching to Mac and then the new "pro" line came out... not convinced by them...