Content oriented filmmaker: Canon vs Sony

Arikhan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

@jonpais

It's not the name of the brand, it's what the shooter needs and requires. When shooting last weekend, I did a bet with one very well known German horse sports photographer: We will give my 10 years old sister a 5d m4 and a a6500 in her hands with a tiny 50mm 1.8. She will shoot "on location portrait" with both cameras and then compare the shots. Period of vocational adjustment and "getting familiar" with usage (AF mode preset on both devices of course): 5 minutes per camera...

I bet some money on the fact, that - because of eye AF in the a6500 - she will deliver by far more well focused portrait shots with the Sony than with the much more expensive Canon. It's all about simplicity and effectivity...I am curious about that....

Canon is still a great brand manufacturing rugged and reliable devices. But ultraconservative and still living in 2009 (when speaking about DSLR filming, DR in stills, etc.) and trying to fool buyers with own standard declarations (= marketing bla bla). Nothing wrong about that...Perhaps some day they will wake up, similarly the old fashioned guys who shoot 1970's style, refusing to adapt to current market requirements....And complaining about the fact, that their work gets everyday cheaper and cheaper...