The c100 is just a wonderful camera...

Shield3

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I had no intentions of getting another one - long story short one was offered to me with 4 batteries, a 18-135 STM, the box and all accessories for $1950 cash.  All legit with receipts.  I couldn't jump on it fast enough - it was the Mark II and the seller was a professional photog - just needed rid of it.  I have felt somewhat guilty, but he told me he priced it half off just to move it.  Twice in my camera buying career I've gotten very, very lucky - last year was a XC-10 with 2 256 GB CFast cards for $1200.  Otherwise, I normally take a bloodbath / beating buying and selling gear.

@ Shield3
If I remember correctly, you had the 1DC. I'm curious to hear if you can make a comment on how the 1DC 4k image compares to the C100's once it has been scaled to 1080?
I seem to remember someone saying that it is pretty much the same. Any thoughts?

I just got my C100 last month, and I am very happy with it, and just a few days ago I got a Ninja Star and the 18-135 STM lens, so almost ready to start a doc, also I got a monopod….now exercising my body to be strong enough to move fluid with the camera, anyone here has a special technique to move really steady with the camera?

7 hours ago, Evgeniy said:

C100 is the best camera you can get under 2000 dollars, even under 3000. The weakest spot of this camera is AVCHD, but it's fixable with external recorder. 

Yeap, Atomos Ninja Star is the way to go, you can get a second hand unit very cheap today, but the issue is that the medium camera somehow after the mount in the top, the shotgun, the Atomos recorded, the lavalier, the lens, and the cables, screw, etc, start getting heavier and heavier, and guess what?, you will need a monopod at least in the field…..

1 hour ago, mercer said:

I thought there was a test performed somewhere that showed no benefit using a Ninja Star over the internal codec?

That's a complicated question. At the highest setting there's a benefit. Whether you'll see it or not is an entirely different question. At high ISOs it makes a difference and with some very high detail scenes it can, too. Below 422 HQ I think AVCHD is better. It's cleaner than the lower prores flavors, that's how good it is, or how bad Atomos' prores implementation is.

On 24 de enero de 2017 at 7:45 PM, mercer said:

I thought there was a test performed somewhere that showed no benefit using a Ninja Star over the internal codec?

There is a benefit when shooting in low light, during the day is minimal, since I will do run and gun during the night I really need the Atomos, but the weight is now my concern, the camera is more bulky than I expected and heavier, so I am mentally preparing for the pain during the shooting…..oh yeah, it is going to hurt.

I just completed my rig for the C100 and I have found out a way to get four points of contact, so sharing the setting here in case of it is helpful for someone.

First you are going to need a small rig top plate and an eye-cup....what i have read and hear in different forums is to use an eye-cup to get 3 point of contacts, one with each hand and the third with the eye-cup, but after installing the small-rig top plate you can move the top-handle of the camera to the bottom and that gives you a four point of contact for the front, I just figured out yesterday and I feel the camera very comfortable and reliable.

I am attaching a picture so you have an idea how the top-handle is moved to the back until it make contact with your front. 

c100.JPG