[SHORT REVIEW] Feelworld FW760 7" Field Monitor

Ronnie Amighetti

I just received the fw760 today (firmware 1.66). I haven't noticed any issues with it (samsung NX1) but after reading this post i confirm that Sharpness is reset after Focus peaking is toggled. At 1920x1080 there is no latency as far as i see. Maybe at 4k but i have no plans to use that. One small thing that happened is that the Zebra IRE setting got reversed. I had it set to 90IRE and after messing with the menu for a while that got reversed so i have to set it to 10 IRE to achieve same effect. :-)  Other than that i see nothing wrong with this monitor, great value. The Aperture monitor only has 70/80 IRe, i have no idea what the NX1 uses but i liked the ability to set it to whatever i wanted. That and the price.

20170130_151812.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 30/1/2017 at 11:04 AM, Cubanito said:

For Ronnie:

If the input is 4k. What quality do you see when you zoom in, 4K or Full HD?

Zooming in doesn't look that great. I'm suing P2P (pixel to pixel) and it is really sharp and accurate. 

BTW, a brief update: I wrote to FeelWorld pointing out the flaws and they asked me for the monitor serial number. Have yet to hear back from them but I suspect because of Chinese New Year holidays.

I used the FW760 again during the weekend and have to say that it's growing on me. Framing with a 7" monitor, with proper framing mask is a pleasure. False color are invaluable. And I now managed to calibrate the monitor to my liking. If only they could get rid of the issues...

I also wrote to Cinemartin about their new cheap monitor but they didn't reply so far.

Will keep you informed if anyone's interested.

19 hours ago, Ronnie Amighetti said:

Hey Kattouf, do you have a FW760? Same issues as mine? Would you please share your software version number? Thanks. 

I posted above.  fw 1.66.  I have the Sharpness setting being reset issue. Zebra setting works but it is reversed.  I have to set it to 10IRE for it to work like 90IRE . It's odd.

I wanted to ask you about the battery charger. Does the LED turn green when it finishes charging? I left mine for 2 hours and it was still red but battery was 100% charged. 

On 2/2/2017 at 7:06 PM, kattouf said:

I posted above.  fw 1.66.  I have the Sharpness setting being reset issue. Zebra setting works but it is reversed.  I have to set it to 10IRE for it to work like 90IRE . It's odd.

I wanted to ask you about the battery charger. Does the LED turn green when it finishes charging? I left mine for 2 hours and it was still red but battery was 100% charged. 

Sorry @kattouf, didn't see your previous post. I didn't get any charger with the monitor. I already had one lying around and use that. Sometimes I just use my Aputure 528 led panel to charge the batteries, it's kinda convenient and easy to remember where you left your batteries.

@Ronnie Amighetti 

http://www.cinemartin.com/monitors/7inch/loyal/lt/

Is this the similar to the feelworld?

I am really tempted by the Neway/Ikan monitor but noone owns it around here, I had some communication with Neway China, but the price to come to Europe was almost 300€, which it reaches the Lilliput territory, which is a full HD 5.5" monitor with great standards, new design, panel and all (yellow color a la Atomos included!).

From what I hear the Ikan/Neway is a very refined 5" monitor, that honestly fits better my mirrorless style and do 4K as well.

On 02/02/2017 at 7:06 AM, kattouf said:

The LED on the monitor? Red is power off, green is power on.

My firmware is 4K V1.63

Lag about 1/3 of a second - quite manageable. 4K output from GH4 gives best image results.

Very light weight. Getting an adaptor to move the battery beneath the camera probably an idea. 

For US$121 it's pretty amazing.

2 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Does anyone knows if it is the same as cinemartin?

Places to buy?

I got mine from a friend, he bought it on Amazon. Still haven't receive any reply from Cinemartin.

On 6/2/2017 at 1:37 PM, Kisaha said:

@Ronnie Amighetti 

http://www.cinemartin.com/monitors/7inch/loyal/lt/

Is this the similar to the feelworld?

I am really tempted by the Neway/Ikan monitor but noone owns it around here, I had some communication with Neway China, but the price to come to Europe was almost 300€, which it reaches the Lilliput territory, which is a full HD 5.5" monitor with great standards, new design, panel and all (yellow color a la Atomos included!).

From what I hear the Ikan/Neway is a very refined 5" monitor, that honestly fits better my mirrorless style and do 4K as well.

I sent an email to Cinemartin asking if they are the same monitor. The software interface looks identical that's where my suspects came from. Still haven't receive any reply.

SMALL UPDATE: Feelworld back to work after Chinese New Year. They sent me an email telling me they're gonna look at the issues I pointed out. Will keep you updated.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-27 at 9:56 AM, Mehmet A said:

Hi. I bought the Freeworld FW760 today and all seems fine, however I cannot get playback from a GH4; my camera says 'TV output in progress' when I try to playback footage I shot.

Could anyone help me with this? Much appreciated.

Hopefully you found out that the control dial controls it. up-play/pause, down stop. that sort of thing.