The Thread for Good Deals and Discounts

Mattias Burling

16 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Maybe I won't get a G85 next year, as by that point the GH5 will be dirt cheap! ha

My 2nd GH5 body (with vlog too) is under NZD$1000 after discounting the lens/flash/adapter and only 1 year old as battery with it state it was manufactured in early 2018.. you can find some good bargain on fb marketplace, good thing I sold it when value is still high back then ?

But now everything really don't hold value anymore after a7III and rest of FF bodies from other manufacturer comes out, competition drives the price down.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Adorama seems to have dropped the price of it's used gear by a large margin. FS5's and URSA Pro cams are significantly cheaper on there than other sites. 

Adorama seems to have dropped the price of it's used gear by a large margin. FS5's and URSA Pro cams are significantly cheaper on there than other sites. 

• 4 weeks later...

Azden has a decent sub $200 system that I actually like better than my Sennheiser XSW set. The XSW set works really well but it doesn't allow you to adjust the output levels, so I'm getting too much peaking from my GH5 since I can't lower the preamps low enough :(

Are those among the frequencies that will be phased out over the next couple of years? I heard that is going to be an issue for some wireless systems over the next couple of years. 

2 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

Are those among the frequencies that will be phased out over the next couple of years? I heard that is going to be an issue for some wireless systems over the next couple of years. 

USA is losing 600MHz range
That isn't in that

3 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

Azden has a decent sub $200 system that I actually like better than my Sennheiser XSW set. The XSW set works really well but it doesn't allow you to adjust the output levels, so I'm getting too much peaking from my GH5 since I can't lower the preamps low enough :(

Which of Azden's is sub $200?? 

The Azden WLX-PRO? I'd strongly recommend not buying it. 

Azden PRO-XD?? Ditto

2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

What pros and cons of one and another aside size and weight if any significant, David @IronFilm?

Vs which?

This is worth a watch:

6 hours ago, IronFilm said:

USA is losing 600MHz range
That isn't in that

Which of Azden's is sub $200?? 

The Azden WLX-PRO? I'd strongly recommend not buying it. 

Azden PRO-XD?? Ditto

Vs which?

This is worth a watch:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1472750-REG/azden_pro_xr_2_4ghz_digital_wireless_microphone.html/specs

• 4 weeks later...

Good deal on a Panasonic G9 body plus accessories for £899 at WEX in the UK - https://www.wexphotovideo.com/panasonic-lumix-g9-digital-camera-with-25mm-lens-dmw-bgg9e-battery-grip-and-2x-dmw-blf19-1723562/

What’s in the box?

1 x Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera

1 x Panasonic DMW-BGG9E Battery Grip

1 x Panasonic 25mm f1.7 LUMIX G ASPH Black Lens - Micro Four Thirds Fit

2 x Panasonic DMW-BLF19 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack

1 x Panasonic DMW-BTC13 Battery Charger

1 x Body Cap

1 x USB Cable

1 x Shoulder Strap

1 x Cable Holder

...plus this as well ("free with this product") - https://www.wexphotovideo.com/lowepro-nova-sh-160-aw-ii-black-sandisk-128gb-extreme-pro-170mbsec-uhs-i-sdxc-card-10002965/

Lowepro Nova SH 160 AW II – Black + SanDisk 128GB Extreme PRO 170MB/Sec UHS-I SDXC Card

Black Friday deals are starting to trickle in.....

These courses are pretty good (I got the Black Friday deal last year from them) so if you're interested then I can recommend them.  If you're not sure then check out their YT channel for lots of free stuff (check it out anyway) but it gives a taste of what their courses are like.

Just now, IronFilm said:

From Adorama too! And in "very good" condition. 

Sometimes I wonder if I should have got a FS7/F5 for the same price as what I paid for my Sound Devices 833! Heh, the temptation to go back to the camera side of things will always be strong.

as a current FS5/A7iii shooter im very tempted. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-C100-Cinema-Camcorder/133229384806?epid=135918181&hash=item1f05171466:g:kucAAOSw74RdwItS

I see the c100 sells for about $800-850 now. Pretty much a steal. Yes, only 1080p, but the IQ, file sizes, built in nd, preamps, canon log, are crazy good at this price point. Good alternative to buying a current Canom DSLR for video. I may buy one.