Cage for Panasonic G80

Charlie

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have been in contact with Smallrig about their G85 cage. They're still working on the design and told me it will be available in March or April.

In the meantime I ordered their G7 cage, which I will modify to accommodate the G85's tripod mount being further forward, and the card door being on the grip side.

Will do. Got the camera today, won't have the G7 cage for a week or so still. It will probably be way more work than most are willing to do though, vs. just waiting til March or April for the actual G85 cage to release.

Smallrig sent me some pics of a G85 in the G7 cage, it looks like it will work with just a new hole for the bottom screw, and some filing to clear the card door. This will leave a bit of a gap between the right side of the camera (grip side) and the right vertical part of the cage, though, so I plan to move that in to hug the camera grip more. Possibly forward too, if it's needed to clear the card door.

On 19/01/2017 at 4:10 AM, aldolega said:

Will do. Got the camera today, won't have the G7 cage for a week or so still. It will probably be way more work than most are willing to do though, vs. just waiting til March or April for the actual G85 cage to release.

Smallrig sent me some pics of a G85 in the G7 cage, it looks like it will work with just a new hole for the bottom screw, and some filing to clear the card door. This will leave a bit of a gap between the right side of the camera (grip side) and the right vertical part of the cage, though, so I plan to move that in to hug the camera grip more. Possibly forward too, if it's needed to clear the card door.

I would interested to see this, I thought the G7 Cage would be too small for the G85??

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, aldolega said:

I'm working on it now, the G85 is just a little too tall to fit into the G7 cage, by a couple mm. The Smallrig G85 should be out soonish, they have it up for preorder on their site, only $40:

http://www.smallrig.com/SMALLRIG-Cage-for-Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-G85-G80-1950.html

Pretty looking cage! Maybe I could get one for my G70. And then get a G80 later on. I already got a G6 and a GX80.

Some Lumix GAS going on :) Bought the G70 because of the nice ergos, though tactility of GX80 is outstanding, but just almost too small for my hands and

the GX80 cage from Smallrig is the only pretty one so far but costs 70 USD. So maybe ordering the G80 one could

be a nice thing to do. Thanks for the find!