Canon Anamorphic Users (Magic Lantern)

Bioskop.Inc

Finally plucked up the courage to try a ML nightly build (today's) - the anamorphic squeeze in live view works & isn't disabled once you press Rec!

It can do:

x1.25

x1.33

x1.5

x1.66

x2

The only downside is that it judders a bit when you pan, but this doesn't affect the end result - it also seems to highlight moire a lot more, so that's handy.

Hasn't crashed on my 60D all afternoon.

Oh! There's a new look interface!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I`ve been using anamorphic preview with the 5D3 for a while now. It just lags if you add focus peaking, along with fast zebras and stuff. Otherwise, no problems at all. I've used it with 1.33x, 1.5x and 2x anamorphics.

The one thing that isn't perfect yet is the fact that it doesn't straighten the image during playback. :(

@tferradans

For all of us lesser mortals without a 5D3, we've not had this yet & using NBs can be a bit daunting - but so glad to have it!

Also, is the 5D3 worth the plunge? Am waiting for their firmware update to see what it does/doesn't do. Also the 7D2 could be v.interesting!

@jgharding

Here you go:

http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/nightly/

The newest NB is on this page or you can go back into the archive & the ChangeLog.txt tells you what they've been doing.

So glad i took the plunge with NBs.

As 'tferradans' stated it is a bit laggy, but worth it!

Yeah, the 5D3 is worth every penny! hahahaha.

I have been using the alphas for it since they came out. To be really honest, I just got the camera because they said ML could run in it.

I've already used the anamorphic modes with T2is and T3is as well, without any problems from nightly builds.

I even made some cropmarks for mixing anamorphic stretches in the same project without having trouble to frame the shot, but they don't work with the LV distortion, so, if you plan to use them, will have to shoot with anamorphic mode disabled. :P