XC10 user advice

Jimmy

I was looking through some xc10 videos and found this... must be a fake, surely? or us it possible to get this shallow dof by zooming in on the subject and standing back? There is a shot where you see the guy in the mirror and it does look the size of the xc10

looks like film... beautiful.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
23 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I was looking through some xc10 videos and found this... must be a fake, surely? or us it possible to get this shallow dof by zooming in on the subject and standing back? There is a shot where you see the guy in the mirror and it does look the size of the xc10

looks like film... beautiful.

Yeah it probably is the XC10. It definitely has the same look the bokeh. Have you seen @BenEricson videos with it? They're in one of the two XC10 threads... unbelievable job... looks like 16mm.

Doesn't look like the xc10 to me. You can get shallow depth of field at th very long end but if you notice a lot of the shots the people are much closer to the camera. Also the shot where you see the camera it looks much smaller. The xc10 would also be ghosting in a situation like this.

I didn't even notice the mirror shot the first time I watched it, but after seeing it, I definitely believe it's the XC10. If you look at the way he holds the camera, you will see the way his left wrist is twisted forward because he has the grip turned. Also his right hand is supporting the base of the camera. The way it is wrapped around it looks like the base is square... which it is with the XC10. Also the way he looks at the tilting screen. And finally the motion with IBIS is exactly how it reacts and looks with the XC10. As far as the ghosting... NYC streets can be very bright, so he may not have been at that high of an ISO, so the ghosting may not have reared its ugly head. And it also seems that not all cameras had the issue. 

I almost wish I never sold my XC10. Such a fun camera, just a little too pricy for me. I'm hoping to pick another one up later this year at sub-$1000 price range. 

19 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

If it is fake.... i wanna know what the damn camera is! 

Small, nice AF, great motion and stunning colours.

Yeah, I don't know I had the grip backwards, so it would be in his right hand. I still think it looks like the XC10 but it could be a fake... but why? And like you said... if it isn't the XC10... then what camera is it because it does indeed look pretty damn good. 

It can't be the XC10:

1. XC10 has 8 aperture blades. Video shows 10 sided bokeh

2. Video is supposed to be shot in 4k, yet it's in slow motion. There's no 4k slow motion on XC10.

3. In the mirror shot, the lcd screen is flipped horizontally. XC10 screen only tilts vertically. 

That's a bullshit account - here is the same vid on someone else's account:

Description:

Trying Out My New Canon EOS 1D 4K PROFESSIONAL CAMCORDER camera With 5 - 100 mm Lens

12 minutes ago, hyalinejim said:

It can't be the XC10:

1. XC10 has 8 aperture blades. Video shows 10 sided bokeh

2. Video is supposed to be shot in 4k, yet it's in slow motion. There's no 4k slow motion on XC10.

3. In the mirror shot, the lcd screen is flipped horizontally. XC10 screen only tilts vertically. 

That's a bullshit account - here is the same vid on someone else's account:

Description:

Trying Out My New Canon EOS 1D 4K PROFESSIONAL CAMCORDER camera With 5 - 100 mm Lens

In that video it states it's XC10 in the title and X1000 in the description and comments. That guy claims the mirror image is a shot he took of his friend from a different angle, so the shot of the guy in the mirror isn't the shot of the camera and operator used in the video... which is obviously BS.

3 minutes ago, hyalinejim said:

In the comments on that same vid:

(Although commenters don't seem to believe it's that camera either)

And when "Michelle" isn't exhaustively testing cameras, she's making gems such as this:

Now I really need to know what camera was used because the camera used to shoot that video is obviously capable of making intelligent, respectable, young women look like a couple of tarts.