Looks like the Fuji X-T20 gets 4K!

Mattias Burling

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
44 minutes ago, Grégory LEROY said:

Can you publish your video again pleas?  Do you confirm that the XT20 HD is softer?

This guy uprezzed the 60p 1080p footage to match the 24p 4K footage in this video... it looks pretty good to me...

Beautiful family, crisp 1080p, outstanding image quality, no nasty aliasing or moire, nice skin tones - too bad it's nearly impossible to shoot handheld without jitters. I'd still pick up a GX80/G85 over this camera for that very reason. Oh, and still no zebras on the X-T2, so pretty difficult to gauge exposure for video with a tiny histogram the size of a fingernail clipping.

On 7/23/2017 at 1:31 AM, jonpais said:

Beautiful family, crisp 1080p, outstanding image quality, no nasty aliasing or moire, nice skin tones - too bad it's nearly impossible to shoot handheld without jitters. I'd still pick up a GX80/G85 over this camera for that very reason. Oh, and still no zebras on the X-T2, so pretty difficult to gauge exposure for video with a tiny histogram the size of a fingernail clipping.

Use a monopod, gimbal, shoulder rig, or stabilized lens. IBIS isn't a requirement for shooting handheld.

2 hours ago, Inazuma said:

Does the xt20 have some of the limitations of the pre-firmware xt2? Such as, when recording, the inability to change iso or switch between evf and rear lcd?

From mirror lesson's comparison:

The X-T2 has a few additional advantages in comparison to the X-T20 if you are looking for more options and control:

you can set the audio input volume in 20 steps instead of 4

you can choose which card slot to record the video files to

ISO values can be changed while recording

it has a 3.5mm jack mic input and you get a headphone output with the optional battery grip

it can extend the recording time from 10min (4K) or 15min (1080p) to 30min with the optional battery grip

According to them, the X-T20 also suffers more from rolling shutter and the image is not as crisp .

2 hours ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

Use a monopod, gimbal, shoulder rig, or stabilized lens. IBIS isn't a requirement for shooting handheld.

If I were looking for a camera for shooting family events, I'd take the G80 or G85 any day of the week. It has better ergonomics (a beefy handgrip), a 3.5mm microphone input (the Fuji sports a useless 2.5mm jack), a flat profile (Cinelike D), a much better remote app that allows shooting 4K video (the X-T20 can only shoot 720p with the Fuji app), weather sealing, a more useful articulating touch screen, the tripod mount screw is decentered on the X-T20, making changing batteries while mounted on a monopod or tripod cumbersome, whereas the tripod thread is centered on the Panasonic, and for those who rely on zebras for exposure as I do, the X-T20 lacks them. For the casual shooter who wants to use moderate tele lenses, the Panasonic 42.5mm f/1.7 and Olympus 75mm f/1.8 are much more compact than their APS-C equivalents. And if you don't mind jittery video, yes, you can shoot the Fuji handheld. If you don't want to use warp stabilizer in post, go for the Panasonic.

Edit: Oscar Franzen says he regrets the lack of IBIS in the X-T20, so I guess the camera shake bothers the author of the video himself.

6 hours ago, jonpais said:

If I were looking for a camera for shooting family events, I'd take the G80 or G85 any day of the week....

I admired the crisp backlighting in this footage...shooting directly into the sun-blasted windows. My sense is that m43 might struggle a bit with that, but perhaps I'm being unfair?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Super Members

Have spent an hour setting up the X-T20 the way I like it. After having owned a few Fujis there is no learning curve, its all familiar.
Grip is of course still to small for a camera that weighs and balances like a DSLR imo.
But a few things I didn't know.

The f2.8-4 Kit-zoom is a good lens. Not for the money good. Just plain old good.
Quick, sharp, well built and the stabilization works great for video.
Of course it cant touch the 56mm f1.2 or even play on the same field as my Summilux. But this is a cheap kit-zoom... I'm surprised.

Also the AF in the camera it self is way faster than the old X-T10. A noticeable improvement of an already fast camera.

Please note that I missed the focus on her eye here (its on the nose), its just a quick snap since she was siting under my desk when I was setting it up.
Still looking mighty nice imo for a dim light room.

Now Im looking forward to a full week of shooting it almost non stop.
Will use the kit-zoom as my only native lens for the project and also an old 50mm Minolta prime with the Kipon close focus adapter.

DSCF8026.jpg