Metabones Nikon G to BMCC-BMPCC Speed Booster 0.64x

Charlie

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Thanks guys!.....I just hope it fits the Micro when it arrives. Have heard others have had issues with it being too tight!!!

40 minutes ago, aldolega said:

Yes, that's a very popular combo on the Pocket and Micro.

That model in the pics is the .58X Pocket booster though, not the .64X BMCC model.

How can you tell its the .58X and not the .64X..?

The guy selling it advertising it as the .64X

Cheers!

The Pocket version (the one he's selling) is what you want for a Micro, though. It's made for the S16 sensor the Pocket and Micro use.

Some do have a tight fit on the Micro. Metabones made the mount a little tighter than the m4/3 standard, because the early Pockets had loose-fitting mounts (slightly looser than the standard).

Then BM tightened the mount at some point, and eventually Metabones loosened their mount to match, which means some boosters fit very tightly on later Pockets and the Micro.

There's no marking or other indication of whether a booster has a tight or loose mount, and of course there are small variations in the tolerances from copy to copy as well, so you just have to try it on your camera and see how it is. If it's too tight, email Metabones and tell them you need an updated (looser) mount. You may want to neglect to mention it's for a Micro though, as the Pocket booster isn't officially sanctioned for the Micro, and they may charge you for the mount if you do.

6 minutes ago, aldolega said:

The Pocket version (the one he's selling) is what you want for a Micro, though. It's made for the S16 sensor the Pocket and Micro use.

Some do have a tight fit on the Micro. Metabones made the mount a little tighter than the m4/3 standard, because the early Pockets had loose-fitting mounts (slightly looser than the standard).

Then BM tightened the mount at some point, and eventually Metabones loosened their mount to match, which means some boosters fit very tightly on later Pockets and the Micro.

There's no marking or other indication of whether a booster has a tight or loose mount, and of course there are small variations in the tolerances from copy to copy as well, so you just have to try it on your camera and see how it is. If it's too tight, email Metabones and tell them you need an updated (looser) mount. You may want to neglect to mention it's for a Micro though, as the Pocket booster isn't officially sanctioned for the Micro, and they may charge you for the mount if you do.

Really appreciate the advice.

Ive only just gone the Blackmagic route and one thing that has concerned me is this type of lack of standardisation between Metabones & Blackmagic.

Surely an M43 mount is a standard specification that can be engineered to very tight tolerances. This is hardly new. I have never heard of this type of issue with any other camera system. When you buy a lens for, lets say a Sony or Canon, its fits.

Precison engineering a camera mount is hardly cutting edge technology.

I just hope it fits becuase i do not have time on this project to wait for Metabones to send me anything.

It's BlackMagic's fault. They didn't QC their lens mount tolerances well enough and all the first Pockets went out the door with sloppy mounts. Metabones was simply trying to accommodate BM's mistake, which makes sense as this booster was made for just this camera.

It seems that getting a booster/camera combo that is so tight it won't mount is fairly rare. More likely it will just be a bit stiffer than you would like, which actually isn't a big deal if you're leaving the booster on the cam. Which is what it seems most people do. If you're switching back and forth to other lens systems then it could be a problem, or at least annoying.