BMMCC - Main Lens for Narrative Work

Charlie

Hi all,

This question kind of relates to the last post I made on the forum.

I have a short film that we start production on in three weeks!!! :flushed:.....I am looking for one fast lens at the 27-28mm equivalent on s35 for the BMMCC, I have a Canon Lens Turbo II so obviously want a fully manual lens.

I am looking at the Samyang T1.9 VDSLR 20 mm. Is this a good choice?? Does anyone think there is a better lens out there for the same money which is as fast??

As a side note, I already have a native M43 Panasonic 25 f1.4 and a Pentax SMC 50mm f1.7 with adapter for the Lens Turbo. I am planning to shoot the entire film with these three lenses (becuase I am poor, and cant afford more lenses due to the fact I have to feed my 12 illegitamate children!!)

Is it a bad idea to mix theses lenses on the same project??

I hope you can help because I have no one to ask where I live and we start shooting soon.

Cheers!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

How about Pentax Cosmicar f/1.8? 

Its inexpensive and 12.5, 25 and 50mm covers 1" sensor and they also have  f/1.4 versions too. On ebay sometimes can be found earlier versions of same lenses for about $40. And this lens needs some modification because it cant't fit properly to c-mount adapter.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/979788-REG/ricoh_c21228kp_b1218a_monofocal_manual_iris.html

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/979790-REG/ricoh_c22516kp_b2518_monofocal_manual_iris.html