Biggest clusterfuck of 2016

squig

Biggest clusterfuck of 2016  

72 members have voted

1. 1. The biggest clusterfuck of 2016 was:

• Saadawi rangefinder scam
    • 5D Mark IV
    • Donald Trump

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Still think that our once resident 65/18yr old scam artist was the funniest thing last year.

Trump bound to end up having a Heart Attack or being Impeached or just straight up being Isis'd - screwing with the CIA gotta be the dumbest thing this side of stupid.

Canon....like a fluffy pink unicorn....ahhhhh!

12 minutes ago, noone said:

Is DT a wholly owned subsidiary of  Vladimir Putin INC?       

Perhaps their combined egos of wanting to be liked will guide them into doing things that will be good for us all. We fix the world be first being kind to each other, even when we disagree. There are forces in this world trying to divide us. Do you see them?

3 minutes ago, jcs said:

Perhaps their combined egos of wanting to be liked will guide them into doing things that will be good for us all. We fix the world be first being kind to each other, even when we disagree. There are forces in this world trying to divide us. Do you see them?

While I HOPE you are right, what I heard just before about the Russians having a fat file on Trump makes me wonder.

It doesn't help when what he says one day is so often different at a later date and he denies saying/doing what is (usually) shown alongside his denials.

Putin seems to say whatever he wants as well but with more authority behind him.

I was thinking they would just do what they could to enrich themselves and divide up the world.       Hopefully there are plenty of checks and balances still against them (or anyone).

6 minutes ago, noone said:

While I HOPE you are right, what I heard just before about the Russians having a fat file on Trump makes me wonder.

It doesn't help when what he says one day is so often different at a later date and he denies saying/doing what is (usually) shown alongside his denials.

There is a very deep power struggle going on right now. Let's be thankful so far. The other side wants WW3. The other side wants division. Let's unite for peace. Let's envision the world we want to create and make it reality.

1 hour ago, Juxx989 said:

Interesting take don't know how I fall on this....yet

Thanks for the post Juxx989. Everyone who wants to know the truth can find it if they're willing to look for it. For the first time in history there is a chance to radically change the world, without violence. Learn the truth. Think of constructive ways to help. Be part of the solution.

8 hours ago, jcs said:

Thanks for the post Juxx989. Everyone who wants to know the truth can find it if they're willing to look for it. For the first time in history there is a chance to radically change the world, without violence. Learn the truth. Think of constructive ways to help. Be part of the solution.

Spreading pseudoscience and woo-woo and trying to pass it off as truth and actual science certainly won't help. Proper education in science, arts, economics, history, logic, critical thinking, skepticism, etc. and in how our universe/world actually works would be a great start. But who has time to actually educate themselves properly? Schools aren't doing it, adults don't have the time with having to work work work all the time just to make ends meet. Thankfully we have books, which are the closest things we have to a time machine; and also the Internet, which puts vast amounts of information at our finger tips. However, human beings are extremely fallible and we try to seek and find patterns when they aren't really there. We also are unable to change our deeply held beliefs, regardless of how much evidence points to the contrary. http://www.nature.com/articles/srep39589

10 hours ago, iamoui said:

Spreading pseudoscience and woo-woo and trying to pass it off as truth and actual science certainly won't help. Proper education in science, arts, economics, history, logic, critical thinking, skepticism, etc. and in how our universe/world actually works would be a great start. But who has time to actually educate themselves properly? Schools aren't doing it, adults don't have the time with having to work work work all the time just to make ends meet. Thankfully we have books, which are the closest things we have to a time machine; and also the Internet, which puts vast amounts of information at our finger tips. However, human beings are extremely fallible and we try to seek and find patterns when they aren't really there. We also are unable to change our deeply held beliefs, regardless of how much evidence points to the contrary. http://www.nature.com/articles/srep39589

The Cosmic Flow videos we produce are based on psychology and quantum physics:

The latest experiments show that the universe reacts to how we interact with it in bizarre ways, like it's a reactive computer, even intelligent. Crazy but true. Positive, constructive thought results in better outcomes than negative thought. That's both physics and psychology. Fighting with each other reduces our power to get work done and oppose negative forces. Think of the immune system in your body- if it fights itself (autoimmune) it can't fight off disease or cancer. Negative thoughts reduce immune function. The same applies to society at large, and there are people that know this and are unfortunately using it as a tool to do very bad things.

Did you watch the video Juxx989 posted (about Predatory Capitalism)? It's based on economics, and explains clearly what has happened and what will happen- science is a useful tool to make predictions.

Where's the pseudoscience and woo-woo?

"Clusterfuck" is an inappropriate term for the 5D IV - this camera is just a vastly overpriced device as measured by current standards, modern digital imaging requirements and competition offerings. At 2.300 Euros (current price of the old 5D III) one could buy the mIV - not at current 4.000...

Mr. Trump? Thiy guy just reflects the attitude and mindset of his voters. @his opponents: If anything, don't blame Trump, blame his voters - after some months/years  giving DT and his administration a chance to show their judgement and political and administrative capabilities...Blame then - if necessary...

1 hour ago, jcs said:

The latest experiments show that the universe reacts to how we interact with it in bizarre ways, like it's a reactive computer, even intelligent. Crazy but true. Positive, constructive thought results in better outcomes than negative thought. That's both physics and psychology. Fighting with each other reduces our power to get work done and oppose negative forces.

this is actually true ^^

im not smart enough to understand those videos, but the philosophical implications of quantum mechanics absolutely fascinates me

14 hours ago, jcs said:

The Cosmic Flow videos we produce are based on psychology and quantum physics:

The latest experiments show that the universe reacts to how we interact with it in bizarre ways, like it's a reactive computer, even intelligent. Crazy but true. Positive, constructive thought results in better outcomes than negative thought. That's both physics and psychology. Fighting with each other reduces our power to get work done and oppose negative forces. Think of the immune system in your body- if it fights itself (autoimmune) it can't fight off disease or cancer. Negative thoughts reduce immune function. The same applies to society at large, and there are people that know this and are unfortunately using it as a tool to do very bad things.

Did you watch the video Juxx989 posted (about Predatory Capitalism)? It's based on economics, and explains clearly what has happened and what will happen- science is a useful tool to make predictions.

Where's the pseudoscience and woo-woo?

Not true. I see experiments (the double slit experiment, the quantum eraser experiment) on the super micro level with particles, atoms, photons, etc. No where do I see any experiments or even facts or truth that shows this working on a broader, macro level in our every day lives. You're taking something you know nothing about, but think you know about, and using it to explain events that affect our lives. You can't prove it with the scientific method. THAT is pseudoscience. You're using words and terms and theories used in quantum mechanics and quantum theory and completely misusing them. THAT is woo woo. Please, watch this: 

Specifically toward the end when an ACTUAL quantum physicist puts Deepak in his place. 

Are you an active quantum physicist conducting experiments and research in this field? No, you're not. So why are you making claims that are based off of Quantum physics? Your YouTube channel is filled with it.

"If you think you understand quantum mechanics then you don't understand quantum mechanics." - Richard Feynman (look him up)

1 hour ago, iamoui said:

Not true. I see experiments (the double slit experiment, the quantum eraser experiment) on the super micro level with particles, atoms, photons, etc. No where do I see any experiments or even facts or truth that shows this working on a broader, macro level in our every day lives. You're taking something you know nothing about, but think you know about, and using it to explain events that affect our lives. You can't prove it with the scientific method. THAT is pseudoscience. You're using words and terms and theories used in quantum mechanics and quantum theory and completely misusing them. THAT is woo woo. Please, watch this:

Specifically toward the end when an ACTUAL quantum physicist puts Deepak in his place. 

Are you an active quantum physicist conducting experiments and research in this field? No, you're not. So why are you making claims that are based off of Quantum physics? Your YouTube channel is filled with it.

"If you think you understand quantum mechanics then you don't understand quantum mechanics." - Richard Feynman (look him up)

OK let's play the ego game. I have a degree in Cognitive Science from UCSD with a specialization in artificial intelligence (and have written neural networks from scratch, worked on projects with GPU neural networks as well as machine vision). I've written complex real-time simulators including flight simulators using fluid dynamics to model airflow, custom energy-accurate integrators, and 100% custom from scratch impulse-based rigid-body physics. For the driving simulator I modeled the ground using cubic polynomials with a Newton gradient solver to intersect rays to compute tire-surface interaction with C1 continuity, allowing for very high speed accurate collision modeling (including physical bump mapping to simulate roughness when needed). The engine sound simulation was modeled on my Z06 Corvette (recorded from actual engine then modeled in real-time). The tire simulation is completely custom (a very hard problem to model realistically due to the nonlinear behavior of the elastic rotating tire), the network protocol is a custom UDP design which incorporates TCP design elements (reliable) with UDP elements (non-retransmitted elements such as position) for optimal network bandwidth utilization (used in the first XBox Live! game). Additionally, the physics simulation hid visible lag well over 500ms, including collisions. AI is used to drive the cars around the track and avoid collisions (the flight simulator also used AI to fly the aircraft, which could also perform post-stall maneuvers, long before real aircraft could do this in real life. The model uses a generalized rigid body moving through a fluid, which wasn't replicated by other developers until many years later). I wrote the first stereoscopic head-tracking multiplayer games for the PC (virtual reality), including 3D sound modeling, and showed John Carmack (now CTO of Oculus) how to do proper stereoscopic 3D when my company ported Quake to stereo3D for H3D Entertainment.

I'm an expert in real-time simulations and accurate modeling of real-world systems. I'm very familiar with the scientific method, as well as how to conduct single and double blind studies for psychology.

When I proved that the full frame look is a myth, people still argued and didn't believe it (some still don't believe it). I did the math, did the experiment, and showed the results for others to replicate. http://brightland.com/w/the-full-frame-look-is-a-myth-heres-how-to-prove-it-for-yourself/

There's another thread where someone created excellent 3D renderings, taking the lens out of the equation, and some folks still argued. So the point is even with the scientific method, math, real-world examples and simulations, people still argue because of their ego, just like you are doing right now. You are using ad hominem, which is an instant fail in debate. You've got to focus on the topic at hand, instead of attacking the other party, otherwise it becomes clear you have no valid argument in the debate.

From my background in mathematics, physical simulators, networked simulations, and artificial intelligence, I can see patterns in systems such as quantum physics when combined with concepts from psychology (as well as life experience) that make a good case for concepts like "thoughts make things", that working together and not fighting is more efficient in terms of energy, and am confident that a simulator which replicates large systems such as what is going on in the world today would coincide with economist Mark Blyth's analysis on the effects of Predatory Capitalism. The quantum experiments show that the universe reacts to perceivers in irrational ways. Einstein thought quantum entanglement was bunk, calling it 'spooky action at a distance'. He was wrong. These simple concepts should give one a powerful idea as to what the universe really is on a large scale. Due to the quantized nature of quantum physics (hence the name), some theorists believe the universe is a simulation running in a computer (and are creating tests to check the theory). Hinduism, Buddhism, Zen believe the universe and everything in it is God (which makes all of us elements of God). Alan Watts does a good job describing it (YouTube). And that there's a 'peek-a-boo' with our consciousnesses and the universe/God which correlates well with what we are learning about quantum physics.

Science can't explain everything (not even close), it's just a tool, and said tool has limitations. The human filter on reality also hides the true nature of reality, and the only way you can see this is through meditation and/or through compounds such as DMT (which shuts off the human filter 'software', especially 5MeO-DMT).

This post is intended to open your mind to possibilities beyond close-minded thinking. If you disagree and choose not to look deeper into what reality really is, that's cool. Many people enjoy living in illusion, The Matrix was a good example of this concept.

8 minutes ago, jcs said:

OK let's play the ego game. I have a degree in Cognitive Science from UCSD with a specialization in artificial intelligence (and have written neural networks from scratch, worked on projects with GPU neural networks as well as machine vision). I've written complex real-time simulators including flight simulators using fluid dynamics to model airflow, custom energy-accurate integrators, and 100% custom from scratch impulse-based rigid-body physics. For the driving simulator I modeled the ground using cubic polynomials with a Newton gradient solver to intersect rays to compute tire-surface interaction with C1 continuity, allowing for very high speed accurate collision modeling (including physical bump mapping to simulate roughness when needed). The tire simulation is completely custom (a very hard problem to model realistically due to the nonlinear behavior of the elastic rotating tire), the network protocol is a custom UDP design which incorporates TCP design elements (reliable) with UDP elements (non-retransmitted elements such as position) for optimal network bandwidth utilization (used in the first XBox Live! game). Additionally, the physics simulation hid visible lag well over 500ms, including collisions. AI is used to drive the cars around the track and avoid collisions (the flight simulator also used AI to fly the aircraft, which could also perform post-stall maneuvers, long before real aircraft could do this in real life. The model uses a generalized rigid body moving through a fluid, which wasn't replicated by other developers until many years later). I wrote the first stereoscopic head-tracking multiplayer games for the PC (virtual reality), including 3D sound modeling, and showed John Carmack (now CTO of Oculus) how to do proper stereoscopic 3D when my company ported Quake to stereo3D for H3D Entertainment.

I'm an expert in real-time simulations and accurate modeling of real-world systems. I'm very familiar with the scientific method, as well as how to conduct single and double blind studies for psychology.

When I proved that the full frame look is a myth, people still argued and didn't believe it (some still don't believe it). I did the math, did the experiment, and showed the results for others to replicate. http://brightland.com/w/the-full-frame-look-is-a-myth-heres-how-to-prove-it-for-yourself/

There's another thread where someone created excellent 3D renderings, taking the lens out of the equation, and some folks still argued. So the point is even with the scientific method, math, real-world examples and simulations, people still argue because of their ego, just like you are doing right now. You are using ad hominem, which is an instant fail in debate. You've got to focus on the topic at hand, instead of attacking the other party, otherwise it becomes clear you have no valid argument in the debate.

From my background in mathematics, physical simulators, networked simulations, and artificial intelligence, I can see patterns in systems such as quantum physics when combined with concepts from psychology (as well as life experience) that make a good case for concepts like "thoughts make things", that working together and not fighting is more efficient in terms of energy, and am confident that a simulator which replicates large systems such as what is going on in the world today would coincide with economist Mark Blyth's analysis on the effects of Predatory Capitalism. The quantum experiments show that the universe reacts to perceivers in irrational ways. Einstein thought quantum entanglement was bunk, calling it 'spooky action at a distance'. He was wrong. These simple concepts should give one a powerful idea as to what the universe really is on a large scale. Due to the quantized nature of quantum physics (hence the name), some theorists believe the universe is a simulation running in a computer (and are creating tests to check the theory). Hinduism, Buddhism, Zen believe the universe and everything in it is God (which makes all of us elements of God). Alan Watts does a good job describing it (YouTube). And that there's a 'peek-a-boo' with the our consciousnesses and the universe/God which correlates well with what we are learning about quantum physics.

Science can't explain everything (not even close), it's just a tool, and said tool has limitations. The human filter on reality also hides the true nature of reality, and the only way you can see this is through meditation and/or through compounds such as DMT (which shuts off the human filter 'software', especially 5MeO-DMT).

This post is intended to open your mind to possibilities beyond close-minded thinking. If you disagree and choose not to look deeper into what reality really is, that's cool. Many people enjoy living in illusion, The Matrix was a good example of this concept.

Listen, that's great. Congratulations on all of your achievements. Honestly. But none of those qualify you as a quantum physicist. Just because you're smart doesn't mean you understand quantum mechanics or are qualified to use terms and theories based in quantum physics. Especially in the wrong context. You can not prove that anything you say on the topic of quantum physics is applicable on the macro level as it pertains to our everyday lives. You can postulate, sure, but you can't prove it. 

You claim I'm arguing because of my ego. I'm arguing because I don't feel you can be so sure about what you preach on your YouTube channel and here on this forum. You can't even prove it. It's dishonest at best, and charlatanry at worst. Area 51? UFOs? Bigfoot? Offering prosperity in a minute using meditation with echo and reverb vocal effects? "Money will flow to you.." How deceiving and dishonest! Luckily your Cosmic Flow channel doesn't have many subscribers or views. 

You also accuse me of ad hominem. Where did I ever attack your character or you as a person? I didn't and I would love for you to point out where I have so I could apologize. I've always stuck to the substance of the argument, which is: "You can not make such extraordinary claims about the nature of our life, planet, universe without extraordinary evidence." Everything I've said is based around that argument. You've provided me with all of your scholarly accolades but they have nothing to do with the argument. 

“It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

“The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.” - Carl Sagan

1 hour ago, iamoui said:

Listen, that's great. Congratulations on all of your achievements. Honestly. But none of those qualify you as a quantum physicist. Just because you're smart doesn't mean you understand quantum mechanics or are qualified to use terms and theories based in quantum physics. Especially in the wrong context. You can not prove that anything you say on the topic of quantum physics is applicable on the macro level as it pertains to our everyday lives. You can postulate, sure, but you can't prove it. 

You claim I'm arguing because of my ego. I'm arguing because I don't feel you can be so sure about what you preach on your YouTube channel and here on this forum. You can't even prove it. It's dishonest at best, and charlatanry at worst. Area 51? UFOs? Bigfoot? Offering prosperity in a minute using meditation with echo and reverb vocal effects? "Money will flow to you.." How deceiving and dishonest! Luckily your Cosmic Flow channel doesn't have many subscribers or views

You also accuse me of ad hominem. Where did I ever attack your character or you as a person? I didn't and I would love for you to point out where I have so I could apologize. I've always stuck to the substance of the argument, which is: "You can not make such extraordinary claims about the nature of our life, planet, universe without extraordinary evidence." Everything I've said is based around that argument. You've provided me with all of your scholarly accolades but they have nothing to do with the argument. 

“It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

“The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.” - Carl Sagan

Have your read Dale Carnegie, Napoleon Hill, Eckhart Tolle, Thich Nhat Hanh, Tony Robins, etc.? Even Deepok Chopra (who I also don't agree with, however some of what he says is helpful). There is a pattern successful people follow. You can model yourself after successful people and become successful yourself. If you don't first believe that you can do something, how can you do it? Have you studied Neuro-Linguistic Programming? Do you understand how it and the unconscious mind works? I only ask because you are putting down our work and it doesn't seem like you understand these concepts. I've highlighted above where you are call me a dishonest charlatan and putting down our YouTube channel- that's ad hominem.

Are you a math person? Would it help if I went over the equations for quantum physics and described what they do? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equations_in_quantum_mechanics . Or do I need a pHD, labcoat and a bunch of lasers, mirrors, beam splitters, and electron guns to qualify? Do you see you are only trying to win an argument vs. learning something new? Do you understand how simulations can model reality to understand how things work at large scale? You haven't addressed economist Mark Blyth's video on Predatory Capitalism, why is that?

Cosmic Flow is entertainment with embedded psychology. It takes a while to build a brand and following, are you familiar with social media dynamics, viral coefficients, etc.? It's a work in progress (part time). Bigfoot and Area 51 are tongue-in-cheek- it's humor (there's tons of evidence for UFOs- whether they are alien, breakaway civilization, or government secrets is open to debate). Alan Watts made a great point about not taking oneself too seriously, especially in matters of spirituality. My business partner believes in past lives. I have not experienced anything in my life to convince me that it's real, however I don't reject her model of the world. I'm open-minded- who knows what's really going on in the universe? If the concept of past lives helps someone deal with this reality, then it's a useful coping tool.

Nothing can be proven- ever been in a lawsuit? It's all about persuasion. Science is the same thing. All scientists don't agree. Everything's a probability function which drives collective agreement, and science is constantly rewriting itself (as it should for those who don't treat science as a religion).

Can you prove that positive thoughts don't result in success? Right, you can't. However there's plenty of evidence to support that it does- ask successful people or read books on the subject. Are you as successful as you want to be? Are you happy with your life or do you want to change it? Do people who work together get more done than people who fight each other? Does this need a science experiment or is this common sense? Can you scientifically prove anything I said (or produced on Cosmic Flow) is not true?

On 1/9/2017 at 9:33 AM, eleison said:

Trump doesn't need to be president.  He has enough money to buy drugs and prostitutes to satisfy him for the rest of his life if he wants (while living in the best rooms at his 5 star hotels for free since he owns them).  A lot of these other celebrities and politicians - they need the money (their mistresses aren't going to buy themselves gifts)....  Oh well, I hate politics.  I'll try not to comment on trump again.

You're telling me a man that won't release his taxes, won't put his holdings in a BLIND trust, constantly talks about how wealthy he is, puts gold leaf on everything, spoke in his first press conference about a 2 billion dollar deal he'd just been offered, used funds from his "charity" to buy paintings for his golf courses, doesn't want more money? His entire persona is built around being rich. That is delusion. There is never enough money for people like him. Human nature will show you there is never enough money for most people.

You can support that idiot for other reasons. But the idea that he is incorruptible because he's already rich is almost criminally stupid. He got rich by being shady as hell. "He's not a politician" != "he's not corrupt"

and if i recall, samsung officially shut down their camera division around this time in 2016. That's a clusterfuck if I've ever seen one.

2 hours ago, jcs said:

Have your read Dale Carnegie, Napoleon Hill, Eckhart Tolle, Thich Nhat Hanh, Tony Robins, etc.? Even Deepok Chopra (who I also don't agree with, however some of what he says is helpful). There is a pattern successful people follow. You can model yourself after successful people and become successful yourself. If you don't first believe that you can do something, how can you do it? Have you studied Neuro-Linguistic Programming? Do you understand how it and the unconscious mind works? I only ask because you are putting down our work and it doesn't seem like you understand these concepts. I've highlighted above where you are call me a dishonest charlatan and putting down our YouTube channel- that's ad hominem.

Do you actually understand the unconscious mind? Does anyone? Does anyone REALLY understand what's happening in our brains? The hard problem of consciousness. Sure, there are many theories. But you can't go around acting like you know for sure just because you believe one theory to be better than another. Where am I putting down your work? I congratulated you on your accolades and achievements.  What you've highlighted are things I said AFTER you already accused me of ad hominem. What you highlighted is not ad hominem anyway because it is non fallacious and it is relevant to the issue.

2 hours ago, jcs said:

Are you a math person? Would it help if I went over the equations for quantum physics and described what they do? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equations_in_quantum_mechanics . Or do I need a pHD, labcoat and a bunch of lasers, mirrors, beam splitters, and electron guns to qualify? Do you see you are only trying to win an argument vs. learning something new? Do you understand how simulations can model reality to understand how things work at large scale? You haven't addressed economist Mark Blyth's video on Predatory Capitalism, why is that?

I'm not trying to win an argument. I enjoy the civil discourse. Also I'm always open to learning something new, as long as there is evidence to back it up. Again, open mind, not so open your brains fall out. I'll watch the video and get back to you.

2 hours ago, jcs said:

Cosmic Flow is entertainment with embedded psychology. It takes a while to build a brand and following, are you familiar with social media dynamics, viral coefficients, etc.? It's a work in progress (part time). Bigfoot and Area 51 are tongue-in-cheek- it's humor (there's tons of evidence for UFOs- whether they are alien, breakaway civilization, or government secrets is open to debate). Alan Watts made a great point about not taking oneself too seriously, especially in matters of spirituality. My business partner believes in past lives. I have not experienced anything in my life to convince me that it's real, however I don't reject her model of the world. I'm open-minded- who knows what's really going on in the universe? If the concept of past lives helps someone deal with this reality, then it's a useful coping tool.

According to your YouTube page, Cosmic Flow is "Where Physics & Psychology meet Metaphysics & Spirituality." Those words carry a heavy weight and with them, a responsibility (moral, intellectual, and otherwise). The videos about Bigfoot and Area 51 did not seem tongue-in-cheek or humorous (at least in the ways you may have thought) to me. The video I saw takes the idea of Bigfoot seriously. Also there is not tons of evidence for UFO's as they relate to other worldly beings. Have you read "The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark" by Carl Sagan? Your business partner can believe whatever he or she wants, regardless of the lacking evidence. I can also criticize those beliefs for being foolish. I choose not to believe things on insufficient evidence or where evidence is lacking altogether. You claim to know through quantum physics how we can change the world and that the universe reacts to how we interact with it and that it's even "intelligent" then say, "Who knows what's really going on in the universe?"

2 hours ago, jcs said:

Nothing can be proven- ever been in a lawsuit? It's all about persuasion. Science is the same thing. All scientists don't agree. Everything's a probability function which drives collective agreement, and science is constantly rewriting itself (as it should for those who don't treat science as a religion).

Lot's of things can be proven. The definition of prove is "to establish the truth or genuineness of, as by evidence or argument." However, something that is proven can later be disproven. Science constantly rewrites itself when there is evidence to do so. That's the great thing about science. It is not absolute like religion is. 

2 hours ago, jcs said:

Can you prove that positive thoughts don't result in success? Right, you can't. However there's plenty of evidence to support that it does- ask successful people or read books on the subject. Are you as successful as you want to be? Are you happy with your life or do you want to change it? Do people who work together get more done than people who fight each other? Does this need a science experiment or is this common sense? Can you scientifically prove anything I said (or produced on Cosmic Flow) is not true?

The onerous is not on me to prove. You're the one making the claim(s). The burden of proof is on you. Where is the evidence that supports "positive thoughts result in success?" So you're saying people's success can be attributed to their thinking positively? I would argue that there are many, and even more important, variables that would determine their success. Also I would agree that people thinking more positively might have a better chance at success. But you can't just make a blanket statement as if it were fact. There have been a lot of "successful" people that have negative thoughts, mental disorders, etc. I'm extremely happy with my life. If I weren't I'd change it. But not just by "thinking positive thoughts." That's woo woo. Of course people who work together will probably get more done than people who fight each other. But in the same token people who work together might then start fighting each other. I take things on a case by case basis. There's a lot nuance involved here. You can't just make general claims or beliefs and try to pass them off as fact without evidence.

I practice yoga and meditation regularly. I believe it helps me physically, mentally, and emotionally and helps me to lead a better life and be a better person. But I wouldn't go and make a blanket statement like "Practicing yoga will make you a better person" or "Practicing yoga will improve your life" because for some people it wouldn't! 

Can you prove that the Poseidon, god of the sea and protector of all aquatic features, is not at the bottom of the ocean right now? Right, you can't. Can you prove that negative thoughts don't result in success? When are you ever called upon to prove a negative? It's a fallacy.