YI 4K60p Action Camera

JurijTurnsek

6 hours ago, markr041 said:

Well, you saw my X3000 videos above. Now I have the Yi 4K+! And I took advantage of the 4K 60p to shoot a video (with gimbal). I think the main advantage of 60p (at high resolution) is that you can slow down the action and still retain high resolution. This is particularly useful for when you move with the camera, although it also makes subject movement more dramatic. So, here is the 4K30p video shot at 60p:

Great images!

Is it color graded? Which kind of "view" is it (or: did you edit the straight horizon)? 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, JazzBox said:

Great images!

Is it color graded? Which kind of "view" is it (or: did you edit the straight horizon)? 

Thanks. No color alteration in post at all - this is "Yi color" (there is also a "flat" setting designed for color grading). Only one clip needed WB alteration. Since I was using a gimbal, the horizon was always straight, and the fisheye lens distortion is not very great. In 4K60p there are no options for "view", as the whole sensor is used, so it is "wide."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice videos, Mark!  I built a close-up lens contraption for the X3000, have been curious about trying on the Yi.  The footage looks great!  Can you take some footage of someone standing in front the the Yi vlogging style, or just any object only a few feet away?  Thanks!  I also notice that the Yi+ also has an external mic possibility.  The connector looks like an interference magnet ;)  Have you tried an external mic?

1 hour ago, maxotics said:

Nice videos, Mark!  I built a close-up lens contraption for the X3000, have been curious about trying on the Yi.  The footage looks great!  Can you take some footage of someone standing in front the the Yi vlogging style, or just any object only a few feet away?  Thanks!  I also notice that the Yi+ also has an external mic possibility.  The connector looks like an interference magnet ;)  Have you tried an external mic?

Thanks. All my videos on a gimbal use an external mic. A Yi adaptor is needed to connect an analog audio plug via the usb-c port. It works fine.

This provides an example of the audio with an external mic:

Testing 200 Mbps 4K 60P on the Yi 4K+

I set the bitrate at 200 Mbps and shot for 1.25 hours, resulting in 47 GB's of video clips. The temperature was 76 F, with direct sunlight. No overheating, no frames dropped. Perfectly normal, except for somewhat higher battery draw, but I had still had 33% left when I stopped.

This "hack" does not alter the firmware, it just loads the settings in memory. Doing that does not invalidate the warranty, and is easy to install.

Does 200 Mbps make a difference compared with the default of 135 Mbps (a 50% increase)? Who knows; but it does not hurt!

• 3 weeks later...