Panasonic GH5 - all is revealed!

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Im considering in selling my whole kit for a gh5 now that I’ve upgraded my computer. Im starting to prefer the image and usability of my G85 over my sony a6500. Pana bodies are so easy to work with & reliable I grab a pana body for paid shoots and sony for my personal projects. I may just sell my g85 only and upgrade to a gh5 and use my sony as a b cam

@kidzrevil I think you are definitely one of the people that could benefit from the extra 2 bits of color. So it may not be a bad idea at all. 

I also have a feeling, according to @Neumann Films recent teaser post, that the GH5 may be getting something more... if it’s Raw video... then I may have to buy one too. 

And if you go on eBay, Samy’s Camera, in LA, has some great prices on New Open Box models.

By benefit, I mean utilize. 

16 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Glenn - it got RAW, would you buy?

I would be tempted, that’s for sure. I don’t think I would sell my 5D3 for it, but I may sell almost every lens and equipment I don’t really use for Raw and IBIS. But I am betting it is going to be ProRes or something else... perhaps a smaller crop if that’s possible with that sensor?

I guess it could also be some kind of straight 6K without Anamorphic mode or however that works. If we want to really speculate, the easiest way is to find out what the next big thing is on Panasonic televisions?

Or who knows... maybe with all of the rumors of the soon to be announced FF mirrorless cameras by Canon and Nikon, that Panasonic has decided to release its own APS-C or FF mirrorless.

9 minutes ago, mercer said:

I guess it could also be some kind of straight 6K without Anamorphic mode or however that works. If we want to really speculate, the easiest way is to find out what the next big thing is on Panasonic televisions?

Or who knows... maybe with all of the rumors of the soon to be announced FF mirrorless cameras by Canon and Nikon, that Panasonic has decided to release its own APS-C or FF mirrorless.

You have a good point there, Glenn. ? As an aside, I realize some cynics (and I’m not saying you’re one of them!), accuse Sony or Panasonic of adding ‘useless’ features like 4K to their cameras only in order to be able to sell TV sets, but as everyone knows by now, the reason our cameras have been shackled to rec 709 is precisely because of  guidelines drawn up for 30 year-old display technology. 

And a full frame Panasonic would be awesome. Where can I preorder?

2 hours ago, seku said:

of course. But I better wait to see what this beast is about, so i can make an informed decision to get the GH5 :)

Why would you wait? Just buy it already! as I did.

I would've not buy it. 1-If I was planning to mainly shoot in low light situation. 2-if I needed to relay on auto focus most of the time.